[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

376lbs 6'2 I want to start a new excerise regime, I heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0754.jpg (189KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0754.jpg
189KB, 960x1280px
376lbs
6'2
I want to start a new excerise regime, I heard walking's extremely beneficial, how much should I walk my first week? I started walking yesterday, abd to my surprise it felt, fairly good..
I got an app called "MapMyWalk" so that could come in handy..
also are chia seeds worth it? And what food should I start eating?

Thank you in advance.
>>
File: heislord.jpg (1MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
heislord.jpg
1MB, 1680x1050px
>>42433906
walking is good, aim for whatever you're comfortable with, never been as large as you but 1 mile/day seems reasonable

eat good nutritious food, no processed crap, make ass much as you can at home, good food can taste good too you just have to develop a taste for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilubYTOM1ls

accept the natty god as your lord and savior and you will be redeemed, also read sticky ffs
>>
Will do, thanks for being awesome. Really appreciate you anon.
>>
File: 1485092355706.jpg (385KB, 746x880px) Image search: [Google]
1485092355706.jpg
385KB, 746x880px
>>42433906
Keep walking, maybe buy a set of adjustable dumbells for the time being to do some light dumbell exercises.

Food wise. I wouldn't worry about individual stuff right now, I'd just focus on eating better. You need to completely change your relationship with food. You don't have to eat rice, chicken and broccoli every meal but there's a lot of stuff which is good for you and tastes great. Think stir-frys, some lean meat like chicken breast, rump steak or pork loin with some veggies like mushrooms, peppers, beansprouts or whatever you feel (try avoiding adding rice to reduce carbs) and you've got a good and nutritious meal. If you're really committed you'll find a way. I'd say its as much about the journey as it is the end. If you discover stuff yourself its more likely to stick, at least I would say that's the case for me. Personally i've lost about 50lbs and all the recipes are stuff I kinda made myself. Also get the myfitnesspal app, its your friend and it might open your eyes to how much you actually eat a day
>>
Hey, thx for writing as much as you did, my weakness is rice unfortunately. I'll try not to eat so much of it. Fitness app, is excellent. I'll have to redownload that.

I do have dumbbless 20lbs, i also have kettlebells, any good links to starter videos? Thanks a lot /fit/ appreciate all inputs, it sucks when you don't have support, but it feels great reaching out to people here, so ty
>>
>>42434123
Try something like this. Good look brah, we're all gonna make it

http://www.mensfitness.com/training/workout-routines/30-minute-dumbbell-workout-program-build-muscle
>>
>>42434123

brown rice is the tits, fibre out the ass and almost as good as white rice if you cook it right

like scoob says, little changes every day will produce big results over time

ppl on this board can be shit heads but some of us really appreciate the joy of health and strength and want others to be able to experience it too
>>
File: 1492628726259.jpg (871KB, 1126x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1492628726259.jpg
871KB, 1126x1001px
>>42433906
>also are chia seeds worth it? And what food should I start eating?
Chia seeds are high in calories. Even though they're loaded with good stuff, they're not ideal for losing weight. You can sprinkle a couple of pinches on whatever food you're eating, but you probably don't want to throw 50g in your cereal. Stick to green veggies and lean meats as your staples, as another anon pointed out. If you're not quite ready to count your calories yet, then just worry about eating healthy calories (i.e no refined sugar, as little processed food as possible), make complex carbs with a high fiber count your main source of carbs (oats, rice, beans, etc), get nuts and sometimes air-popped popcorn for snacks instead of candy/chocolate. Look up inspiration for healthy stuff to add to yogurt, it'll become a great and more satisfying alternative to ice cream.
This should take you a long way in your weight loss/health journey, combined with walking and whatever else you may be doing. You can then worry about counting calories later down the road when your weight finally stagnates - at this point, you're already going to feel and look much better.
Good luck, anon.
>>
>>42434192
Yeah, white rice is usually. what i've ate the last 20+ years.. I will definitely switch to brown rice. Appreciate your reply, tysm
>>
>>42434144
Tyvm, bookmarked
>>
>>42434218
Thanks for the photo, abd appreciate your insight on the chia seeds, I neger knew they were so high on calorie, shit.. it's like everything has it's advantages abd disadvantages, i'll switch my rice up, and only eat two cups tops; i love yogurt, but I must admit, the non vanilla greek yogurt is a son of a bitch, with a very dissatifying after taste, probably wise of me to add oats and such. Will definitely buy nuts mix, none sugar all natural, going grocery shooping, after my walk. Thanks again!
>>
>>42434292
No problem, familia. One thing I've come to love as a dessert above all else is mixing my plain Greek yogurt with a protein powder of choice (simple tastes usually work the best; chocolate, strawberry, banana, etc - mixing also works, I'm a fiend for chocolate/banana mix). It tastes extremely good and is basically a high protein treat that tastes almost like ice cream.
That's only if you wanna spring for protein powder, of course. Adding berries, nuts, (dried or fresh) fruits to your yogurt, Greek or not, is definitely one way to go.
>>
>>42434474
Thanks, I'll grab plain greek, and find a good healthy protien powder. I'll add oats too. I'm not crazy for ice-cream. But I know i'll enjoy this cause i love cereal.
I just wish to lose 100lbs and add muscle, i'm not trying to look real lean, you know? I really hope I could do this, i'm kind of scare of the loose skin, that's why i'm not trying to be too skinny, ya know.
>>
>>42434518
I know what you mean. Anyway, keep walking the path you're on and stay consistent, you'll definitely be able to reach your goal, anon. You can easily drop to 276lbs without having to worry about loose skin. Take it from there once you reach that goal, and make sure you take before/progress/after pictures. It'll help you stay motivated. I regret I never took pictures, because looking at myself in the mirror every day makes it hard to see the change.
>>
>>42434718
This will be the last message I write, not sure if you'll read this, ut I want to give you, and everyone else who replied, a personal thank you. I will certinly take pictures to motivate me. Thanks for your support. Blessings
>>
>>42433906

Walking is great exercise. When I started to get /fit/ it was the first thing I did and I still do it now. I suggest walking a set period of time rather than a certain length. If you walk 1 hour a day you will get a good amount of exercise, as you get fitter you will still walk 1 hour a day but do it faster and walk more distance.

>And what food should I start eating?

Starting an exercise program and diet program simultaneously is a bad idea, just eat what you normally eat and walk for an hour a day. When you have been walking for 6 weeks (which is how long it takes for a habit to form) then you can look at adding something to your new exercise routine such as diet.
>>
>>42434265

be careful because it won't make a lick of difference if you're eating the same amount of calories in brown rice as in white rice with no adjustment to your exercise.
>>
>>42433906

>1 cup Fage 0% Greek Yogurt
>1 frozen banana
>1 cup frozen berries
>1/2 cup quaker instant cut oatmeal
>some whole milk

Blend that shit up and you've got a high protein alternative to ice cream
>>
>>42434819
i would prob shit my pants if i could eat the same amount of brown rice and white rice, that shell over the grain fills you up quick
>>
Walking is a great place to start, brah. Get out there, and keep going. Dietwise, read the sticky, get MyFitnessPal, start tracking. Keep with it. You're gonna make it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.