[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'll try and keep it short. I've been lifting since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

I'll try and keep it short.
I've been lifting since I was 14, typical gym rat that gyms 5 days a week, went through my curl bro phase, my perma-bulk powerlifting phase and my "I'm going to be an olympic lifter one day" phase. Ended up at having really jacked legs, and average everything else.

I met my girlfriend almost 1 year ago, a dorky little girl who's the love of my life and loves me unconditionally, it sounds fucking gay and cliche but i think its true.

I decide to get back into bjj (I did it when I was a kid), through that I decide to just take up Muay Thai as well and do striking. Give up on gym completely (haven't touched a weight since I met my gf). Dedicate my year to uni, working, and fighting.

But it's a year in and I see all my hard work and muscle atrophy and wither away every fucking day, I have almost a normal body now, I don't look jacked or big, but i can choke someone out or fucking kick them in the head. But it doesn't matter, every time I walk past a mirror I get a strong urge to start lifting again, to not look so small and average.

Girlfriend says she doesn't care what I look like and that she loves me, I think deep down she prefers it when I'm lifting but still.

At this point it's either I give up my Muay Thai, or I stick with it and the gym urges will eventually go away. I don't know wtf to do. I can lift and get on trt when im fucking old but I cant take punches to the head when I'm older. Do I lift or do I fight. Will my girlfriend slowly hate my body more and more? fuck sake help me.
>>
tl;dr

>been lifting all life.
>find a gf that loves me for who I am.
>says she dosen't care if I look ripped or big.
>train grappling and striking for 1 year, quit gym altogether.
>not all the time, but sometimes get strong urge to start lifting again, to be big and move heavy weights.
>worried that girlfriend won't like my now smaller and less attractive body.
>do I give up on MMA and gym again or do I just wait the urges out and keep getting better at MMA.
>anyone have experience with quitting gym and finding something new? Or getting back into gym and finding they love it
>what do
>>
You sound really insecure. Are you afraid of her leaving you if you continue with BJJ?
>>
>>42433443
Lift faggot
Also it's useless to listen to what a woman sais, they don't know what they want
>>
>>42433443
Do both?
>>
Why don't you just do both you retarded faggot, you don't have to go to the gym 3 hours a day 5 days a week to get your lifts in
>>
>>42433497
>>42433500
Literally can't do both, work, study and training is full time, I cant Fight, Study and Work all the time. I've gotta drop one.
>>
>>42433504
Why not? I do and I'm in a CPA program, stretching my work to 60+ hours per week.
Boxing 3 times a week, lift 4 times a week.
>>
>>42433491
Not that she'll leave, but the thought of her being LESS attracted to me is shitty, because i fucking hate that I would hate her to one day to just not like my body, even though I could fight majority of people she can't really see that physically.
>>
You can tell yourself that you're training to be healthy, or to be good at fighting or beause you like it. But for anyone else it's only about the aesthetics.
>>
>>42433512
you're a dumbass. before you can be the man of her dreams you have to be the man of your own dreams. do things for yourself not for her, that is what will make her attracted to you. Be a man, and do what you want to do, which is obviously start lifting. and for fucks sake she already probably figures you are doing this at least mostly to keep her interested, which implies that you aren't good enough, which kills attraction. We are men we keep insecurities to ourselves. goodluck faggot
>>
>>42433417
Do it for yourself. Even if your gf didn't like what you look like right now, it's still your body. I mean any grills would prefer a well sculpted body over an average/skinny fat ones, that's a common sense. She is still sticking to you because I'm pretty sure that your sweetie loves you for who you are, not your body. Working out wouldn't hurt tho
>>
thanks for the adv bros, I'm an insecure fucker. I just need to decide if I'm more insecure about my ability to beat the shit out of some faggot, or about how good my body looks. I'll work it out. Probably just start lifting again.
>>
>>42433417
Post pics op, I feel like if you've been lifting for what sounds like at least 5 years, you shouldn't look "average" if you dropped fighting for lifting. If anything you'd be a little smaller but have a shitton more definition.
>>
File: kek.jpg (28KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
28KB, 540x540px
>>42433417
>but i can choke someone out or fucking kick them in the head
>do it for a year
Trust me, unless you're competing you still worth a shit in a street fight.
>>
>>42433855
Did BJJ for 4 years as a kid, it's not much but at least you have the foundations, boxed 5 days a week for a year when I had time back in year 11 high school. When I started a lot of old habits kicked in.
>>
>>42433904
One year of boxing is nothing anon. But 4 years of BJJ is good though.
But don't think you're an accomplished fighter because you did two years of boxing especially with just sparrings and trainings.
>>
>>42433504
deadlifts and OHP on monday
bench and squats on thursday.

2 hours per session, 4 hours per week.

If you're saying you can't manage that, I'm going to say you're looking for an excuse not to lift.
>>
>>42433940
>Do the same to lifts for 2 hours twice a week
Why
>>
>>42433443
do whatever u want, whats not attractive is ur bitch mentality, not ur body
>>
>>42433948
>2 lifts on monday
>2 different lifts on thursday

are you actually a mongoloid?
>>
Fuck it you guys are right, I don't know why I'm so fucking indecisive, I'll just start lifting again fuck it.
>>
Buy some weights, workout at home.
>>
>>42433443
Your tl;dr is almost the same length lol. But i'd say do fighting once a week and lift 2 or 3 times. Also might be time for you to get on a split or full body routine and actually not end up t-rex.
>>
File: IMG_0551.jpg (99KB, 750x696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0551.jpg
99KB, 750x696px
>>42433417
Yea I became a marathon runner and lost all my gains and got obsessive about counting calories

It was so shitty that I planned one last marathon and then bulked for a year straight
>>
>>42434298
Did you get back into gym and ditch marathon running?
>>
>>42434328
Yea and now I look great again

Just swap one hobby for another, you'll enjoy it just as much, it's all about your mindset and approach to life
>>
>>42434389
Cool dude, thats also what I needed, shit will be alright i can always go back to fighting, and muscle memory is a legit thing so getting back into gym can't be that shit.
>>
>>42433940
bro that's the most retarded schedule i've ever heard rofl

5x5 SL would take less time than that
>>
Why are you sperging out op? What's wrong with lifting weights and training for fighting at the same time?
>>
>>42434440
bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro bro

Anon is pressed for time and is trying to squeeze in as much bang for buck from the hours he has to spare. This does not lend itself to Medhi's particular brand of low-volume bullshit.
>>
>>42433443
my jiujitsu trainer lifts once a week.
Ever since I quit lifting and started boxing I became more attractive, not less, even though I got a little smaller.
>Girls like john snow for christ's sake.
>>
>>42435087
Because he is famous. Not because of his ottermode body.
>>
>>42433417
Tbh you will always remember how to fight. You might be rusty but all the concepts are still there. Switch back to lifting and feel better about yourself. There's nothing better than seeing gains when you walk past a mirror. You're gf will mire' you constantly. Go back to lifting faggot.
>>
>>42434495
Not that guy but any beginner strength program would be more useful than your retarded schedule. 5x5 or 3x5 of an actually balanced routine will do more good than doing each of those for an hour once a week and will take about the same amount of time.
>>
>>42434440
why bother doing 5x5 SL at all it won't give him any gains anyway
>>
>>42433494
>they don't know what they want
This is correct most of the time
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.