[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So basically when someone says they did it "raw with wraps",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images (88).jpg (40KB, 543x271px) Image search: [Google]
images (88).jpg
40KB, 543x271px
So basically when someone says they did it "raw with wraps", they didn't do it raw at all?

Why cheat and saw raw with wraps, why not just state the obvious: WITH WRAPS
>>
>>42432994
Because wraps aren't anywhere near as supportive as a full on squat suit.
Also you're not gonna use them for bench/deadlift so it makes no sense to add them into an equipped category.
I don't understand why you're so fanny flustered about this though, are you one of them ipf fanbois or something?
>>
Wraps are not the same as braces. They mostly just keep your knees warm, as well as providing a little bit of support to prevent your knees from exploding outwards. They don't make the lift easier, just more comfortable.
>>
>wraps
>suits
>straps
>belts
if you use any of this cheating training wheels assistance shit and are not a competitive/olympic lifter, you are a limpdick faggot with no balls and should kill yourself promptly
>>
>>42433093
DYEL detected
>>
>>42433085
>They mostly just keep your knees warm, as well as providing a little bit of support to prevent your knees from exploding outwards. They don't make the lift easier, just more comfortable.
You're thinking about neoprene sleeves.
Which is also bullshit, since good sleeves can add 10-20kg to your lift.

Wraps add anything from 20kg up to 80kg, depending on your personal biomechanics.
>>
>>42433100
Scot Mendelhson detected
>>
>>42433093
That seems like an excessive response.
>>
>>42433068
Belt and knee wraps are fine, they're side accessories. I draw the line at squat suits. How fucking ridiculous. Sure they mean you can lift a lot more, but you'd also squat a lot more if you wore a hydraulic titanium exoskeleton too. I have zero respect for suit squatters. Just get stronger, faggots.
>>
>>42434142
No
>>
>>42433093
But buddy, every olympic lifter you look up to deadlifts with straps and most of them probably do a lot of rep work with straps too. Even the almighty raw vegan clarence uses straps. Every powerlifter on the planet uses a belt.
>>
>>42433093
>if you want to move heavy weight at less risk to your joints and connective tissue you are a pussy
Enjoy your powdered bones and frayed ligaments Mr alpha lifter.
>>
>>42435516
This, perhaps not wraps, suits, or straps. But chalk and belts are fine, and will benefit you once you go heavy
>>
>>42433093
add weightlifting shoes to that list
>>
>>42433093
Hi Clarence
>>
>>42435971
Clarence uses straps.
>>
>>42436039
https://youtu.be/S7ZZSpSSm68
Not always
>>
>>42436079
But when he's tired of using hook grip he does. Nobody gets strong without ever trying equipment. Some things are just plain useful.
>>
>>42436100
honestly if you never use straps in your deadlift training you are probably weak, every impressive deadlifter i know uses them to some extent

they're tremendously useful and let you do a whole lot more volume than you ever could without
>>
>>42436134
i havent, but i deadlift 495. so I'm nowhere near top tier
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.