[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get into boxing? Want to do it for upper body conditioning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2496.png (98KB, 300x177px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2496.png
98KB, 300x177px
How do I get into boxing?

Want to do it for upper body conditioning

Should I take a class or just watch videos online?
>>
File: louiesim.jpg (18KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
louiesim.jpg
18KB, 300x225px
>>42432171

Go to a pub / bar wearing the wrong team's uniform / kit / colors.

>free practice
>>
Fastest and best way to learn is to take classes. Watch videos online as well too.
Set up a place to spar hard with your friends.
Have a mattress you practice punching. Put a picture on it of someone you hate, like an ex or Justin Bieber.
Keep consistent.
>>
>>42432297
>someone you hate, like an ex or Justin Bieber
Jesus, how old are you..?
>>42432171
OP, find your closest boxing gym and they'll throw you into a routine. Be sure to buy your own wraps and maybe gloves (I recommend Rival for just training, they're great heavy bag gloves). Word of warning, in the beginning, coaches won't be giving you individual attention in favor of training other kids that have been there longer than you. Gotta prove you're willing to stay and be resilient.
>>
>>42432171
>Get a pair of wraps and a pair of 12oz gloves
>make or build a heavy bag
>punch the shit out of it for atleast a hour doing 5min rounds with 30 sec rests between rounds always moving your feet
if after 3 months or so of doing this every day you still wann learn to box go sign up for a local boxing gym
>>
>>42432297
Will The mattress get damaged after awhile?
>>
>>42432389
How do you make a heavy bag?
>>
>>42432406
buy a millitary surplus duffel bag and fill it with sand or rags or whatever
>>
>>42432389
Bad advice.

Just show up at a gym and join their beginners class. It'll feel like a cardio-boxing class, but you'll learn how to throw a proper 1-2-3 combination.

Just get fucking started. Nothing worse than seeing a new guy come in who has shitty tech bc he's been training on his own.
>>
>>42432171
>google nearby boxing clubs
>goto or shadow for a day to scout
>¿¿¿
>profit

Or run a couple miles every other day, shadow box for half n hour a day, and jump rope for another 30, daily.

Youtube's cool, but most just cover strats; ya really should take a class if ya don't wanna grow sloppy.
>>
>>42432171
Go take a class, boxing gyms are fairly common in most cities. Hell, I know of one near where I live that does their classes free.
>>
If you can't take a class, you can emulate -most- of a boxing lesson at home minus the sparring and the technical corrections. Soon enough you WILL need to spar and to have your form checked or you will not be competent in fighting.

boxing training is done in rounds, for the entire hour and a half of a training session. Get a boxing timer ( 3 minutes of action , then one of rest, throughout) and start it.

Now do 8 rounds of physical training, 8 rounds of technical training ( then sparring would come in at 8 rounds too but you cant right).

For physical do: jumping rope, abwork and shadow box a mirror.

For technical do: speed bag, heavy bag, water bag, footwork drills, slipping drills, bob and weave drills. You can find many on youtube.

You don't have a buddy so you can't spart or ddo padwork but this is at least a start to get in shape.

Find a gym, and have fun!
>>
>>42432171
no matter what you do. don't try and teach yourself OP, you'll end up skipping over all the little details and it will just be a mess, go to an actual boxing gym, you'll work harder in a gym too
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.