[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Be fat >Get blood work >They tell me my thyroid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

>Be me
>Be fat
>Get blood work
>They tell me my thyroid is below normal and not functioning
>I thought thyroid issues was a meme?
>I'm looking into it now, they might start me on some meds for my thyroid...
>>
Why do fat people browse /fit/? It's like hating anime and going to /a/.
>>
>>42430593
try to ask for some test
>>
>>42430606
I'm fat but am trying to get my life back on track

They just told me blood work isn't that bad but my thyroid is having issues.....

I thought thyroid issues was a meme?
>>
>>42430628
Blaming your weight on your thyroid is the meme.
>>
>>42430628
thyroid issues will only affect your emotional state, which in a lot of people's cases makes them want to eat more because they won't care
>>
>>42430655
>>42430775
obviously don't know anything about medical issues. apparently everything is imaginary.
>>
>>42430628
It actually affect for weight loss, I don't know how much, but it does.
The "meme" part about it, it's that usually there are very fat guys justifying their obesity because of "muh thyroid makes me fat". When it's usually (most of the time) their eating habits what made them fat.
And even if it was a thyroid problem, they could still get a treatment and then lose weight.
>>
File: 1317580989520.jpg (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1317580989520.jpg
29KB, 200x200px
>>42430593
If you truly have HypoT (high TSH, low T4) then it may definitely slow your metabolic rate and increase weight gain.

However the meme is a very small percentage of people are truly suffering from this condition, but many use it to justify their shitty life styles.
>>
>>42430593
The meme is that a lot of fat fucks self diagnose a thyroid issue. There are actually people that have thyroid issues that make weight loss more difficult but it's rare.
>>
>>42430839
Yea, turns out I do

I didn't really understand the blood work, but they had a look at it and mentioned only issue is the thyroid function...

And yea, I actually have always been /fat/
>>
>kek
>Apparently the fix is to workout....

You get the most benefits out of exercising when performing aerobic exercises at 70 percent of your maximum heart rate.

This will dramatically raise your T3 and T4 levels. People who pushed their exercise routines to maximums of 90 percent of their heart rate have found that their T3 levels would fall.

Exercising increases the function of your thyroid and stimulates the thyroid to produce more hormones.
>>
>>42430839
Even then, every professional organization relevant to endocrinology will say that it should only account for 10-20 lbs of weight gain. It doesn't make you 100+ lbs overweight like the landwhales claim. Same with PCOS.
>>
I think the meme is that fat people claim the reason they absolutely can't lose weight and refuse to is because of thyroid issues. It's harder yes but not impossible like people claim. Your body typically requires less (or cant use as many) calories, so you might have to cut back more than the average Joe and work out a bit harder. Do some research on foods to avoid as well, as some inhibit thyroid function.
>>
>>42430775
>>42430821
It's a real condition. My mom had hypo thyroid issues after giving birth to me, in the before she got treated for it she gained 30 pounds in a couple of months.
>>
>>42430805
If something affects your metabolism then fucking adjust your intake to counter the change. Don't continue to stuff your face like you used to KNOWING your metabolism has slowed bc of a medical issue.
>>
>>42430958
This op, it may be that your being obese is causing your thyroid issues, not the other way around. Id try a cut first before taking hormones unless your gp says otherwise
>>
>>42431973
this.

every single fat fuck Ive helped lose weight had "hypothyroidism" as diagnosed by their GPs.

every single one of them that started exercising aerobically was taken off their thyroid treatment because their levels were now too high.

those who decided to just "lose weight" and really didn't get their heart pumping never saw improvements.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.