[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sorry if this is the wrong board for this question, please direct

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Front flip fail.gif (2MB, 203x250px) Image search: [Google]
Front flip fail.gif
2MB, 203x250px
Sorry if this is the wrong board for this question, please direct me to the correct one if it is.

I am a relatively fit guy, and I want to learn to do front flips. I have been practicing them for two days on a trampoline, and I can generally do them and land on my feet(pretty sloppily though).

What is the best way to learn them? Also provide general tips if you can, thank you.
>>
>>42424627
Just throw your head forward as hard as you can. Where ever the head goes the body will follow.

Practice on a really soft mat like a wrestling mat or something, then when you've almost got it just take away the safety net and do it as hard as you fucking can.

Also fear is most likely holding you back.
>>
>>42424627
Standing front flips are a lot harder than standing back flips. Also, when doing them intoxicated with friends (that becomes the only time you feel obligated to do them) you have a very good chance of doing what that kid did in the video; overthrowing and rocking your head or neck on the ground.

Protip; learn a backflip. Just as impressive but a lot safer.
>>
>>42424672
Good tip, thank you. Yeah, I've had fears of doing back flips since I was younger, never really had a problem with front flips though.

>>42424694
Oh, really? I've always had problems doing back flips due to fear, so I always assumed they were harder. But it's not about me doing things that seem impressive, I just want to have more control over my body.
>>
>>4242462If you want to be good at it, as in showoff level you should do one year of gymnastics. Highly recommended. If not, practise a lot on the trampoline, work on getting a really strong "tuck". after a while stand on the edge of the trampoline so you dont get extra hight and take the frontflip in to the trampoline, try to land on your feet. (you wont)

Very few people can do a frontflip without running first, witch can be scary. take some matrasses out in your garden, and take running speed and land on them. its all in the run up. make sure it is dry. if you do it on wet grass and slide you will faceplant very hard ( i did this once, bad experience)

watch tutorials on youtube on getting a strong tuck. it is the most important part.
>>
>>42424916
Thank you, gonna look in the attic for some old mattresses.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.