[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are deadlifts useful if you don't care about strenght? Or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: oralsex.png (70KB, 999x627px) Image search: [Google]
oralsex.png
70KB, 999x627px
Are deadlifts useful if you don't care about strenght? Or should I just do rows instead
>>
You don't need to do them, most bodybuilders don't
>>
I don't see why you wouldn't do at least 1 variation of a deadlift.

Deadlifting is a main lift for hamstrings and glutes, like your Benching is a main lift for chest. You might do Incline Bench as your main primary chest exercise, your hamstrings/glutes should also have a primary exercise, which can be conventional deadlifts, sumo deadlifts, deficit deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, whatever you want.

You should be doing some variant of a deadlift, as you should be doing some variant of a bench press.

All of this information I posted is purely for gaining muscle goals.

So basically yes, you should deadlift. Would you really be happy with not having a major primary lift for your hamstrings/glutes? I wouldn't be. Regardless of the reasons.
>>
they can be useful, sure, but if the goal is aesthetics/hypertrophy there is not a single lift that is absolutely essential to do and deadlifts are no difference

do heavy rackpulls for the upper back training effect, RDLs for the hamstrings/glutes, and maybe some hypers if you still want strong erectors
>>
>>42422754
Deadlift has pretty much zero glute activation. If your only goal is hypertrophy, it's better to do hip thrusts and hamstring curls.

Deadlifts are really tiring too, so replacing 1 exercise with those 2 exercises can actually make your workouts easier.
>>
>>42423031
>deadlift has pretty much zero glute activation

never give advice here again, unless you can explain to the class in the next post how hip extension occurs without the glutes contracting
>>
>>42422716

Why wouldn't you deadlift? They're a great mass builder.

The only reason I could understand not doing them would be that they biomechanically cause you problems.
I have the same thing with conventional deads. My proportions make it a miserable experience, form is almost impossile, I spend more time avoiding injury than I do putting weight on the bar.

Switched to sumo and now it's one of my favourite lifts. Great pump on the posterior chain, really good core development, great for posture, great for overall mass... I wouldn't replace it with anything else.
>>
File: Untitled.png (388KB, 870x816px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
388KB, 870x816px
>>42423192
>Why wouldn't you deadlift? They're a great mass builder.
>>
>>42422754
This.

Completely throwing out deadlifting all-together is literally the equivalent of throwing out all kinds of bench and just doing chest flys for building your chest.
>>
>>42423192

Got my deadlift to almost 3x bw

They did hardly anything for hypertrophy
They reinforced my bad posture rather than help it
I have 0 core because I thought deadlift and squats are enough for abs (meanwhile my brother who actually trains abs looks decent)
>>
>>42423200
if you expect to get big lats/upper back from deadlifting alone you are a total fucking idiot, and should probably treat yourself to a 2pl8 skullcrusher 1rm attempt with no spotter present
>>
>>42423200
what's wrong with pic related
>>
File: 1501249061800.jpg (150KB, 731x630px) Image search: [Google]
1501249061800.jpg
150KB, 731x630px
>>42422716
pic reminds me of david higgs
http://imgur.com/gallery/qhQOv
>>
>>42423210
congrats on the 315lb deadlift
>>
>>42423223

I can deadlift 3 plate for 10+ reps easily
>>
>>42423223
awwwwww sheeeeeeeeeet niggaaaaaaaaaa he gooooooon dooooooooon iiiiiit
>>
>>42423200

>Deadlifts for 1 year
>Builds considerable mass on his lower and upper back

What point are you trying to make?

I also said I do sumo which shifts the hinge so that you get more glute and hamstring activation and less back.

Also no guarantee that this dude didn't cat back every single one of those deadlifts. Go watch any pro give deadlift tips and they all stress the importance of recruiting the glutes and hammies and crushing the glutes at the top of the lift.

Dudes have been deadlifting for mass for fucking years and it works.
>>
>>42423031
You are a dumb cunt. Keep your shitty opinions to yourself.
>>
>>42423210
What is the point you're trying make here? Because you have no idea what you're doing deadlifting is suddenly bad?
>>
>>42423031
Your form is shit.
Activate your glutes like they're almonds, or suffer the (back) pain of failure.
>>
>>42423298
whether or not his form is shit, hip extension physically cannot fucking happen without the glutes contracting

unless he did 3/4 of a rep of deadlift and then got stuck and stayed bent over for the remainder of his life
>>
>>42423319

Yeah but you can emphasise that activation and put the weight into the glutes and hammies (where it is supposed to be) or you can use the bare minimum recruitment and take all the weight in your back like most 'lifters' seem to do.

Good deadlift form is about as rare as good squat form in my experience... And then these people cry that they aren't getting any gains from it.
>>
is there any point in doing deadlifts if you have APT?(anterior pelvic tilt), since with apt your lower back is already really tight and dense.
>>
>>42423287

>elite deadlifter
>Don't know what I'm doing

k
>>
>>42423395
>I can do 315 for 10+ reps
>elite deadlifter

haha ok
>>
Embarrassing how many people there are on /fit/ who have been lifting less than one year

Deadlifts are shit for hypertrophy end of. There are far better exercises you can do that aren't as physically taxing
>>
>>42423388

APT is the result of overdeveloped/overtight quads and hip flexors pulling the pelvis down and back.
Deadlifting properly will help you fix APT by strengthening your abs, glutes and hammies.

If you deadlift correctly it will improve and strengthen your posture.
>>
The best deadlifter in my gym and region has severe kyphosis which reduces his range of motion massively.

Can someone explain how deadlifts are good for posture again?
>>
>>42423401

Guarantee my 1 rep max is higher than yours
>>
>>42423445
lamar gant had scoliosis and was a spectacular deadlifter, do deadlifts cause scoliosis?
>>
>>42423461
575 @191

you better be pulling at least in the 600s at a BW much lower than mine if you are an """"""elite""""""" deadlifter, because i certainly am not
>>
>>42423462

Clearly didnt help though did they
>>
>>42423476
kek no reply
>>
>>42423492
I don't think he wanted them to, considering that bent ass spine shaved like 5 inches off his ROM and made his lockout happen basically at his knees
>>
>>42423492

How do you know that?

Perhaps Gant had bad problems with back pain and that's exactly why he started deadlifting to begin with.
>>
>>42423531

playin csgo but my wilks is higher xx
>>
File: lamar gant.jpg (87KB, 558x720px) Image search: [Google]
lamar gant.jpg
87KB, 558x720px
>>42423545
m-muh wilks

manlets baka
>>
File: IMG_20170805_125009_541.jpg (3MB, 4608x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170805_125009_541.jpg
3MB, 4608x2592px
>>42423210
>Take female friend to my first powerlifting comp (push/pull only)
>Everyone's wearing singlets
>Guys all have massive backs, arms, traps, chest
>She tells me I need to keep doing this sport because there's a whole lot of ass
>Some pleb tells me deadlifts don't build muscle
>Brags about 3xBW deadlift that would only be impressive if he were a SHW
Yeah, I'm gonna trust my eyes, not your Skelly ass
>>
>>42422744
Most bodybuilders do Romanian deadlifts
>>
>>42423695

>Wanting to look like a fat t rex with no arms
>>
>>42423713

By deadlifts I mean normal deadlifts
>>
>>42423031
My sore glutes disagree, kys.
>>
File: 1501879779090.jpg (262KB, 1200x1201px) Image search: [Google]
1501879779090.jpg
262KB, 1200x1201px
nobody falling for the obvious bait Im very proud of you /fit/
>>
>>42422758
Oh hey Alex, I didn't know own you browsed fit?
>>
Deadlifts are a meme on /fit/ and /r/fitness.

Usually spouted by the less than 1 year lifting crowd who think you have to do 3x5 and compounds only unless you are on drugs
>>
>>42422716
Gives you a nice butt and legs
>>
>>42422716
Its good for your adonis belt

other than that, it helps neck, back and sometimes hammies.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.