[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blood test came through Cholesterol: 274mg/dl Why brehs? How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: giphy-facebook_s.jpg (22KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
22KB, 480x270px
Blood test came through
Cholesterol: 274mg/dl

Why brehs? How am i supposed to feel full without stuffing some fats in me?
>>
>>42414983
Go vegan, dude. Plant foods fill up your stomach at around 500-1000 calories vs meats which fill you up at around 3000.

Seriously
>>
>>42414991
Also a low fat whole food plant based diet is the ONLY diet that have reversed chronic heart disease so try that
>>
>>42414983
total or triglycerides?

What are your stats?
>>
File: 3150d1d5b59eead7099bf41f1ff478a5.jpg (159KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
3150d1d5b59eead7099bf41f1ff478a5.jpg
159KB, 1680x1050px
>>42415083
It says:
cholesterol 274mg/dl
HDL cholesterol 60mg/dl
LDL cholesterol 155mg/dl
Triglycerides 293mg/dl

And they're all in red color. FML. I'm gonna starve and/or try >>42414991
>>42415073
plant munching. Goodbye gains goodbye feeling full
>>
>>42415158
>ok

how fat are you?
>>
>>42415299
1,74cm
74kg
Not fat, but blood stats indicate fat
>>
So xwhat are some good & filling vegan foods?
>>
File: 8507777_f520.jpg (40KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
8507777_f520.jpg
40KB, 520x520px
>>42414983
I'm in a similar boat. I think I was at 260. I was thinking about vegan diet. I already exercise vigorously 5x/w (BJJ & running).

Try having both fat and fiber in your diet. Fiber being from whole veggies.
>>
>>42416534
Beans and lentils but meal wise if you mix in a good amount of grains and lentils or beans with some fresh veggies, you can make a very filling meal for cheap
>>
>>42415158
Going vegan to lower your cholesterol is like chopping off your leg because you have diabetes.
All you have to do is live a normal life and stop eating like a pig.

Also not fitness related go fuck yourself and have a heart attack
>>
>>42416882
>Also not fitness related
Go fuck yourself too retard. Many have genetic predisposition for high-ish LDL.
I bet you cant even lift the bar.
>>
>>42414983
fibers, you fatass
>>
>>42416534
Brown rice
Beans
Lentils
Hummus w/ whole grain bread
Whole grain pasta w/ tomato/mushroom sauce (eat some right now, tasty as fuck)
Muesli w/ soy/rice/whatever the fuck you want milk
>>
eating less fat won't solve anything. well, eating less transfats will solve something, but you need fat to survive, you need some cholesterol.

and chronic heart disease is caused by inflammation of the arterial walls. inflammation occurs from lack of exercise and stress. cholesterol only exists to repair that inflammation and that's what can cause a plaque to form. so regardless of your cholesterol if your arterial walls are inflamed you will get heart disease.

at least that's what i've been told.
>>
>>42418767
>you need some cholesterol.
The body can produce enough cholesterol on its own.
>you need fat to survive
Very little and the source is very important.
Nuts/seeds/avocado >>>>>> "healthy" oils: olive/avocado (low in omega 6 and close to no saturated fats) sparingly > bad oils:sunflower (high in omega 6), coconut (sat fats) > animal fats (except fish but fish is shit for other reasons)

Basically all oils and animal fats cause inflammation, it's just about the degree. A bad omega 3 to 6 ratio also causes chronic longterm inflammation.
>>
>>42418767
iirc i've read that foods high on sugar are suspicious for high cholesterol levels. Effect of eggs is STILL not clear.
Those food industry Jews constantly mud the waters. It's very confusing
>>
>>42416534
Eat a fuck load of white rice, apples for fiber, mango for energy
>>
Will someone link a good vegan meal plan and or vegan recipes
>>
>>42419036
This is correct foods high in sugar and carbs cause inflammation in the body that earlier poster was talking about. Your body responds by producing more cholesterol in an attempt to mitigate the damage. Its like cholesterol is the "spackle" used to repair microscopic arterial tears.
>>
>>42419036
>Those food industry Jews constantly mud the waters
You are right about that. Always be weary of the way studies have been carried out.
https://nutritionfacts.org/video/egg-cholesterol-in-the-diet/
>>
>>42419107
I posted this.
>>42418685
Google recipes for those and work your way to more recipes.
Of course add some veggies and fruits to those things I wrote, those are the "bulk".
>>
>>42414983
>>42414983

>he fell for the keto meme

Maybe you should try paleo and atkins they're totally not all the same thing tricking you into eating stupid shit that will kill you.

wfpb no added sugar, salt, or oil- not even olive oil.

Stop being a pathetic little healthlet.
>>
>>42415158
Your triglycerides are troubling. Evidence of inflamed adipocytes that are literally leaking fat into the blood (if your fat cells are working properly, they should be ejecting free fatty acids from lipolysis, not triglycerides, which are the storage form). I imagine you're insulin resistant and also developing a nice fatty liver. Cut carbs and increase protein to fix.
>>
File: Gd5IP14.jpg (340KB, 1141x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Gd5IP14.jpg
340KB, 1141x1600px
>>42419426
Thanks bro appreciated. Have a Tay
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.