[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do if I'm too shy to go gym lads? How do I build

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: fFveNbQ.jpg (50KB, 784x811px) Image search: [Google]
fFveNbQ.jpg
50KB, 784x811px
What do I do if I'm too shy to go gym lads?

How do I build muscle with bodyweight exercises?

Also, I'm trying to lose weight simultaneously. Should I work out while I lose weight, or lose the weight first?
>>
File: IMG_6592.jpg (81KB, 884x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6592.jpg
81KB, 884x800px
Just go faggot, no one is going to notice or give a shit what you're doing
>>
>>42403633
Going to the gym is not an option.

I'm short, fat, and ugly. I just need a different way to lose weight and gain muscle.
>>
this >>42403633 or go with a friend a few times
bodyweight exercise is less efficient and arguably more difficult because it requires more skill

if you're a beginner you can lift and eat a calorie deficit as long as you're getting enough protein

>>42403647
no one cares you little shit, they don't give two fucks about you, you aren't special, no one wants to pay attention to you
>>
>>42403570
No one gives a shit about you at the gym, just put in headphones and no one will bother you.
>>
>>42403664
I'm not going to the gym. I can't risk it.

END. OF.

>Bodyweight exercises

I don't care how efficient they are, provided they work. Now, how do I build muscle with bodyweight exercises long term?
>>
>>42403680
https://www.reddit.com/r/bodyweightfitness/wiki/kb/recommended_routine

now fuck off
>>
>>42403633
This, I only notice new people or old while I'm walking somewhere, people don't give a shit OP unless you are doing stupid shit or ruining their reps.

Today I noticed newfags because they were sitting on the bench not doing shit, the typical hispter twats that just talk aloud with their bitches.

3 guys and two girls and what i assume their tour guide or "fitness trainer". 2 dudes doing reps (totally wrongly done but whatever, the fitness trainer is getting money for free, not my issue) and the two bitches walking around sitting on the machines and doing random shit while taking snaps.

One of the bitches was messing with the weights and almost injured herself. Later they just went into the leg section.
>>
>>42403693
No, you fuck off.

cunt.
>>
>>42403647
My gym is full of short, fat, ugly people my dude. Just go, no one will notice you unless you literally drop spaghetti everywhere
>>
>>42403708
Stop trying to convince me. I said no.
>>
>>42403716
fuck off then whale
people are helping you out and you act like a special sperg? save yourselft the trouble and just kill yourself
>>
>>42403716
Never gonna make it if you can't even go into the gym. Beginners have an irrational fear of the gym, when your in there literally no one will give you shit ever.
>>
>>42403744
Fuck off you cunt, I ask for very specific advice and then people insist on trying to convince me to go to a gym, which I've already said is a hard limit.

Twonk.

>>42403753
I will not go to the gym. It's not happening.

When I lose some weight, maybe. I don't know how any of the equipment works though...
>>
>>42403768
special snowflake melting
>>
>>42403789
>I'm a special snowflake because I don't want to go to the gym

You're a special kind of cunt aren't you?

I asked for specific advice, and I didn't get it.
>>
>>42403808
You talk like one.
>I'm not going to the gym. I can't risk it
Why would anybody bother mirin' you? Bitch you are a -0 in a 0-10 scale. Stop acting so butthurt about being in public.
>>
>>42403647
>Going to the gym is not an option.
Then you've already failed. You're just wasting you're time if you try some alternative methods. You might lose some weight and get somewhat fit in a year, but you could have done way more in less time if you go to the gym and stick to a routine.
Why exactly do you feel like you can't go to the gym?
>>
>>42403827
Why the fuck are you being a dick?

I won't be able to go go the gym. It'll be shit for me.

All I asked for was specific advice on how to do things without a gym. Fuck's sake.
>>
>>42403841
>You're just wasting you're time if you try some alternative methods.

How so? Pushups build muscle, right? So do pull-ups. Sit ups and crunches are things that increase fitness, also.

>You might lose some weight and get somewhat fit in a year

That's the goal.
>>
>>42403851
>I won't be able to go go the gym. It'll be shit for me.
HAHAHAHAHA HAHA what's gonna happen? The machines will break when they look at you? Holy fuck autism. Why are you so defensive about gym? n o b o d y care if you go or not. You can either grow some balls or stop talking and go for some extra McDonald right now and hate yourself until you die.
>>
>>42403875
So you're trying to say you can't lose weight or build muscle without the gym?

You're utterly delusional.

I've said I don't want to go, that should be the end of it.
>>
>>42403808
this isnt some fucking paid support line

if youre that fucking agoraphobic go buy tianeptine online or some shit, and then go to the gym
>>
>>42403884
>So you're trying to say you can't lose weight or build muscle without the gym? You're utterly delusional.
What you gonna do?
>"I did 10reps of opening the fridge"
>"i walked 20 times my stairs"
>"i went to mcdonals and back forth"
damn guy, you gonna be mr. fit within a month.

don't let people know, gyms all around the work will go bankrupt if your method goes public.

fucking pathetic tumblr fuck
>>
>>42403892
I'm not agoraphobic, I'm just too scared to go to the gym.

Why do you care so much?
>>
>>42403884

You sound like an immature pathetic loser.

I DONT WANNA MOMMY :'(

youll never be a man, just give up
>>
>>42403907
So bodyweight exercises don't build muscle?

Idiot.

Don't be a cunt.
>>
>>42403919
Right, so instead of giving constructive advice you insist I do something that I can't do?

This board is full of pricks ffs.
>>
>>42403922
Do you think you have the self control to lose weight? You will give up within a week and accept your miserable and sad life as the little basement hobbit you are
>>
>>42403922
Enjoy coming back and making a thread like this >>42402881 next year faggot
>>
OP next time tell you are living in village and nearest gym is 80 km away
>>
>>42403680
GO. TO. THE. FUCKING. GYM.

If you don't have the willpower to kick your ass and do some CHANGE in you shitty life then you will never have the will to do your bodyweight exercise at home, that I fucking GUARANTEE
>>
>>42403937
Lad, I've been staying within my calorie recommendation for the last six weeks, so jog on.
>>
So you've given up before you've even started. If you can make up excuses for not going to the gym despite everyone in the thread telling you that it's the best thing to achieve your goals, then how long before you make excuses as to why you're not doing your shitty home exercise routine?
"oh I did 10 push-ups instead of 5 yesterday, so i'll not do them this time"
"3 times a week is too much, I'll cut down to 1 for a while"

Working out is hard, mentally as well as physically. If you back away you'll never make it. I'd rather go into a gym and be laughed at (which never happens), than sitting at home in a years time and making no progress.
>>
>>42403931
>something that I can't do
Yeah because being concerned about what other people think about you is obviously tantamount to a physical inability
>>
>>42403960
Yet you are still fat.
Your point little fattie? Wanna move your fat big tits for us? Move your belly little monkey. You are not doing anything to improve so just accept your place.
>>
>>42403931

"something I cant do"

Heres the problem, you can do it, youre just too much of a little bitch to.

Thats why its pointless to give you advice, since youll never make it anyways
>>
>>42403958
I am using my willpower to walk round the shop, and maybe talk to the cashier.

Going to the gym isn't an option right now.
>>
>>42403570
I'll tell you what you should do. You should read the sticky
>>
>>42403972
You're just a bastard tbqh
>>
>>42403980
>I am using my willpower to walk round the shop, and maybe talk to the cashier.
Poor girl, What kind of shit she has to endure to pay her university.
Stay strong Stacy, some chad will save you from the basement creep asking you our.

>>42403990
OINK OINK OINK OINK
>>
>>42403974
I've made immense progress, but going to the gym

IS. NOT. DOABLE. RIGHT. NOW.

>>42403972
I'm not even fat, just overweight.
>>
First step to overcome fear is to post your photo itt, maybe it is not even that bad
>>
>>42403995
1. I'm not a basement creep.

2. This isn't a university town

3. Why would I ask a cashier out?

You're so immature, lad.
>>
>>42404000
Damn, must be genetics fault.

>>42404014
Hahaha, autismo
>>
Damn, when this thread hits 300 your damage control skill will be few levels up
>>
>>42403980
Alright pal, you really seem miserable so here is an advice

Calisthenics can help you gain muscle, but it will take an awful lot of fucking time, we're talking a whole lot of years. You're also not gonna be really strong.

If you are so much socially awkward and autistic that you really cannot join a gym, I would recommend starting to invest in a home gym and reading the sticky for further advice.

Also, work on your social gains.
>>
>>42404028
>autismo

Nah, not autistic.
>>
>>42404053
>too scared to walk into the gym
>not autistic
Pick one
>>
>>42404033
>Calisthenics can help you gain muscle, but it will take an awful lot of fucking time, we're talking a whole lot of years.

That doesn't sound realistic. When I say "gain muscle" I don't mean being a tank, I mean just having some observable muscle.
>>
>>42404053
Less talky more shaky fatty.

Are you gonna grow some balls or should I cancel my day to mess with you?
>>
>>42404065
Nah, I'm not autistic. I've been told more or less definitively.
>>
>>42404067
>observable muscles
That is what I meant. It will take years for you to gain observable muscles with Calisthenics.

You don't seem to understand how hard it is to gain muscles.
>>
>>42404068
>He has the time to mess with random people looking for self improvement advice he doesn't like online

Wow you've got it all figured out.
>>
>>42404088
Don't waste your time bro. He doesn't have any excuse to skip gym

>>42404112
>Give you advice
>"I DUNT WANNA GYM"
>Ask why
>"I CAAAAAAANT"
>Why
>"I DONT WANNAAAAA"

Woah, you sure are smart.
>>
>>42404088
I mean, what should I buy? Don't want to be a dudebro.

Like, a dumbbell or something?
>>
>>42404124
I didn't tell anyone why I don't want to because it wasn't relevant and it's a long story.
>>
>>42404126
A squat rack, a barbell, some weights, some dumbbells.

Thats it.
>>
>>42404145
Yeah, people will track you down dude
>>
>>42404145
tell the story and people might give advice instead of telling you to go to the gym. If there's a legitimate reason not to go to the gym, then people will help you out
>>
>>42404148
How heavy should the dumbbells be?
>>
>>42404213
What are you waiting to join them?
>>
>>42404238
Sounds shit op. Start off buying 8 or 10kgs also show a pic of you op so i can see what im working with and i will tell you a simple workout plan. Dont need to include face.
>>
>>42404213
Join a 24/7 gym and just go in the unstaffed hours, you'll only have to talk to somebody when you sign up.
>>
>>42404313
Also download an app called myfitness it keeps track of your carbs protien fat and vitamins bcaas ect you just scan the food you eat. Its easy.
>not shilling just a helpful app
>>
>>42404213
I screencapped it dude lmao get fucked
>>
>>42404421
Dont be a dick dude
>>
>>42404421

What was it?
>>
>>42404435
Not him, but here it is
>>
>>42404435
>Fine, at risk of getting noticed. I was in a car crash with a group of friends at Uni. I knew we were going too fast, but didn't tell them, I didn't want to be a backseat driver I suppose but i was sucking my friend off. Next minute, we hit an oncoming car, and three of them had been killed, one died next to me and he cummed inside my mouth as he did. I was relatively okay, punctured lung, badly bruised; but able to get out and walk. Anyway, ever since I've been a recluse, can't deal with shit. I'm too scared to speak to anyone anymore, I don't know why.
>>
>>42404435
He was in a car crash and a few friends died now hes nervous.
>>
>>42404112
You. Type. Like. A. Twelve.Year.Old.Girl.
London?
>>
>>42403808
So not getting advice allowed you to act like a little bitch? Fuck off you fat sadcunt
>>
File: 1481053944104.jpg (2MB, 2481x6600px) Image search: [Google]
1481053944104.jpg
2MB, 2481x6600px
>>42404463
I could definitely see how that'd fuck someone up enough to become agoraphobic.

This is better than nothing OP. Wont replace a gym, but it's a starting point.
>>
>>42404477
Post pic. I bet it's not even that bad.
>>
>>42404478
>>42404477
>>42404463
>>42404421

OP I would suggest you get yourself some help first if you already aren't

That sounds like a classic case of PTSD
>>
>>42403633
Wrong, i notice the people in the gym and i judge them.
>>
>>42404796
That's just because you're an insecure faggot.
>>
>>42403647
Again, nobody cares.
It's just you.
>>
>>42404896
>see people doing spilling their spaghetti
>i'm supposed to not noticed them and judge them
>>
>>42404938
>Doing spilling their spaghetti
Point taken.
>>
File: argument-typo.jpg (32KB, 735x541px) Image search: [Google]
argument-typo.jpg
32KB, 735x541px
>>42404971
>>
>>42403851
kill yourself fat fucking pussy please.
just use the machines, its the most simple self explanatory thing ever. I started as a complete 6'4 130 lb faggot and got nothing but support from the gymbros. people respect someone trying to change for the better
>>
>>42404213
already told you bro, buy tianeptine online and it will fix it

also maybe see a terapist for long term fix
>>
>>42403647
Post height and weight.

Hard mode: post pic.

I'll tell you if you should stay at home or if you're just a gaylord.
>>
Set up a home gym. It's what I did. I get incredibly anxious whenever I go to the gym (and any other situation, really). So I went the home gym route and just bought a squat rack, bench, barbell, and dumbbells. I cannot overstate how pleasant it is to just lift completely alone.
>>
>>42403570
You need to go to the gym. No one there will give a fuck about you. Besides getting big won't help your social anxiety. You're gonna have to face it eventually. Might as well get it over with.
Also, lose weight first imo. I lost 60lbs when I started and that did way more for my confidence than having muscles do now.
>>
File: 1437528520475.jpg (999KB, 4000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1437528520475.jpg
999KB, 4000x4000px
>>42403647
"Not an option" and "I'm too nervous" are two very different things
>>
>>42405621
This x1000
If you have money and place it's a no brainer to get a homegym, don't need to waste time going to the gym and never need to wait for equipment.
You need:
-Powerack, or half-rack if you don't have enough space for a full one
- Bench
- Barbell
- Weights (300lbs is a good amount to start with)
>>
>>42403570
I feel you OP. I have social anxiety disorder. The thought of going to gym would terrify me. All these "just do it" and "be a man" and "willpower blah blah" advices don't worth shit than you physically can't force yourself to do it. So instead I bought some dumbbells and started exercising at home. One of the best decisions of my life.
At first just pick some dumbbell exercises that you like and keep doing them 3-4 times a week to build a habit. It'll raise your mood, build discipline and with time you'll see some gains and it'll give you a huge confidence boost. To lose weight - eat less, exercise more.
There is a quote from my therapy handouts that I really like: "Keep trying. There is no way you can fail if you keep trying. The only way you can fail is if you give up and quit. So, start slowly, but make a start."
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.