[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Does anybody have a binge eating problem? I've been running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Does anybody have a binge eating problem? I've been running 5 times as well as well as gym 4 times a week but my diet is shit. Most days I eat good but then one day I'll have a few beers which turns in a bunch of pints and a load of shit food.
>>
>>42398133
Try not eating.
>>
>>42398151
It's an addiction somewhat. I have intense cravings. I'm an ex-fat guy. I'm now currently slightly over-weight but you wouldn't look at me and think "he's fat".
>>
yup, I'm on that boat. one beer is the gateway to three beers which is the gateway to ordering one larg pizza and family size fries and finish that 12 pack in one sitting.
>>
>>42398191
Then the next day when you feel ill and filled with regret from all the shit you ate, you work twice as hard and tell yourself this it is now, this is the turning point where I'll get shredded.
>>
>>42398229
rinse and repeat every week
>>
Yup. Not so much anymore since I've learned my triggers. I don't go shopping hungry, and I avoid looking around for stuff that I'm not there to pick up. Eating with others when I go out is a bigger problem, but still manageable. Once you've conquered your diet at home, it's a lot easier to control when you're out.
>>
>>42398237
I feel my biggest triggers are alcohol and weed but being sober and not getting triggered into taking them is a different problem all together.

>triggered
>>
Adjust your eating thru the week to allow for the binge/ cheat day knock another 100-200 cals off your week days and then allow for one day to binge. Then as guy above said work your ass off day after the binge and use the excess cals for gains
>>
>>42398177
I am very close to being overweight but when I get cravings I just chug a bunch of water.
>>
>>42398133
ex fatty here, I still binge eat way more often than I should. Last time I went about 1200 over my maintenance, I forced myself to run for an hour despite the hangover, and still ate under maintenance after my run.

Binge eating is a problem for a lot of people, and even if you end up working everything off the next day, it's just better to control yourself and stay stable in your diet. Stability comes with practice and experience. The next time you binge, it will be easier to stop yourself.
>>
>>42398571
>forced myself to run for an hour the next day, despite the hangover*
>>
>>42398191
Man, I'm in exactly the same boat. I've been getting better with practice, but still succumb too often. It's hard because I love drinking beer socially, but it can trigger such loss of control.
>>
>>42398133
You gotta weaken the habit ingrained in your brain. Recognize, label your triggers, and reflect on them. For example, when I don't get enough sleep I know that I tend to want to eat more, but now that I have consciously recognized I am acting the way I am (hungrier/wanting to binge) because I didn't get enough rest, I know not to act on it.
>>
>>42399196
>>42398133
I need help figuring out my triggers. I haven't really been able to control myself this week. Any advice?
>>
Sounds more like you have a drinking problem.
>>
File: 1423189182084.gif (2MB, 400x487px) Image search: [Google]
1423189182084.gif
2MB, 400x487px
>>42398133

>that stride
>>
>>42399221
>I need help figuring out my triggers. I haven't really been able to control myself this week. Any advice?
Take a notepad and write whenever you feel like bingeing or after you've binged. Write about the situation, thoughts, feelings, just try to dissect what's happening and why.
You obviously know that when you have a few beers it turns into bingeing. Having a few beers is a trigger in itself. Why does it happen though? At least you should be aware that a few beers (being in that situation) leads to bingeing.
>>
>>42398133
don't count calories and starve yourself like a little teenage girl, eat like a man and exercise like a man
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.