[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright so in TDEE calculators you have to put up several factors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: images (2).jpg (7KB, 224x224px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
7KB, 224x224px
Alright so in TDEE calculators you have to put up several factors for it to do its work. Height, age, weight, how many times you exercise...

Its this last one that bothers me. In several of this calculators you are asked this, between the possible answers is 1-2 a week, 3-4 times a week, 5-6 a week or 7 days a week. The thing is, some natty guy could train 3 days a week, doing 1 hour sessions, but some olympic swimer could exercise 3 days a week too, and by exercise I mean go to the pool, swim a shiload of laps, and then go workout at the gym for 2 hours sessions.

Some natty guy coukd do hard work 6 days a week, and do a 3 hours extreme workout, but some fatty could also exercise 6 days a week, but instead of doing the above, he could just go for a walk every morning.

You guys get me? My problem with TDEE calculators is that they ask you to add the exercise you do per week to the calculation, but exercise 3 days a week could mean 2 different thing for 2 different peaple.

Keeping this in mind, can TDEE calculators still be trusted? Would this be the reason why so many skinnies and fattys hit plateus despite claiming to eat a lot, or eat way less than normal when bulking or cutting? How big would the margin of error of TDEE calculators be?
>>
TDEE calculators are for cucks.

>multiple bodyweight x10, 12 or 14 for cut/maintain/bulk and eat that many kcal
>weigh yourself upon waking 3-5x weekly and average it
>adjust intake as needed to get the desired results
>>
>>42394809
You don't add the exercise into the TDEE calculator. You set it to sedentary and then track how many calories you burn working out for a week and add that to your sedentary TDEE. Exercise calculations on the calculator are wildly inaccurate because of what you just described.
>>
>>42394842
This
>>
>>42394842
>track how many calories you burn working out for a week
how to calculate this?
>>
>>42395579
Seconding this
>>
>>42394829
you mean bodyweight x10, 12 or 14 per meal right?
>>
>>42395835
not that guy, but its body weight in pounds x 10/12/14 for daily intake.
>>
>>42395922
ah. pounds.. ofc, that makes sense..

I've done the math with kilos
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.