[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've hit some kind of plateau with my weight loss, I started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1501860265999.jpg (83KB, 621x768px) Image search: [Google]
1501860265999.jpg
83KB, 621x768px
I've hit some kind of plateau with my weight loss, I started at 200 lbs and I'm down to 165. My goal is 150, and I've been stuck at 165 for a solid week. My weight was basically on a constant downfall all the way until now when it stopped solid. I've been eating at all large defecit (around 1k cal) and since I plateaued I've been a lot more careful about weighing portions and counting calories, still nothing.

Any advice? I'm 100% positive I'm counting and weighing portions properly.

Am I retaining water weight or something?

I've been doing cardio 5-6 times a week, burning around 500-600 calories each day.
>>
>>42392859
Are you woman? Because 150lbs is woman's weight.
>>
>>42392961
prob a manlet
>>
Are u lifting as well? Don't fall for the cardio to lose weight meme. If you were lifting and have adequate muscle on you I would say eat at ypur tdee this weekend. Then start the week fresh monday and see what happens.
>>
Yeah, it could be water weight. One day you'll flush the whole thing and you'll lose a lot more than before.

It happened to me a few days ago, I was plateauing for a week and I magically lost 2 lbs in one night.
>>
>>42392961

Kek.

>>42392859

OP, what's your height and are you a guy or girl? If you're a guy and almost 6 feet, you have no reason to be that light.

If you're female, you should consider building up some muscle so you can passively burn calories even when not working hard. Those muscles + cutting will be overall better for you. Cardio helps your heart and burns calories on the spot, but it won't keep the pounds off as much as combining both cardio and weight training.
>>
>>42392961
>>42394284
I'm a dude and 5'10so def a manlet. But the reason I was going to go so low is because of my man boobs. I'm starting to think that it's gyno though. Gonna schedule an appointment maybe
>>
>>42392859
>Doesn't tell is your height
>Doesn't tell us your sex
>Doesn't tell us your bf%
Op we can't help you if we don't have basic facts. 165 pounds means nothing without other info
>>
>>42394332
Sorry. 5'10 and male. I don't know bf%, I need to measure it and will tonight. I have next to no muscle, was a total fat ass my whole life. I'm getting kind of thin, but I've still got quite a lot of flab particularly on my chest
>>
>>42394508

So here's what I can figure out so far. First off though, 5'10" isn't manlet height. That's your average acceptable height for men. 5'6" would be manlet territory.

2nd, with little to no muscle you're only going to become skinny fat. Without muscle definition you'll just look flabby no matter how hard you try.

You'll need to add in weight training to get those muscles going. More muscles will boost your metabolism, meaning you'll naturally burn calories easier. More muscles will also give your body some definition. You have man boobs not just due to fat, but having no chest muscles either.

I'm not an expert on cutting/fasting, so I can't speak on those categories. What I can say though, is you're not going to be 150 if you decide to build muscle. When yoy lose fat but also gain muscle, you'll naturally get a little heavier since muscle is more dense than fat. Remember though, it's better to have more muscle and less fat, than to have less fat but few muscles.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.