[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only four weeks into lifting >rotator cuff is sore and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: recall.jpg (17KB, 184x147px) Image search: [Google]
recall.jpg
17KB, 184x147px
>only four weeks into lifting
>rotator cuff is sore and i have minor tendonitis

some people weren't meant to make it i guess...
>>
>>42386003
Correct, nobody who ever made it got sore or had tendonitis before

All athletes have never been injured before
>>
>>42386016
alright anon, i'll get back in the gym in the morning

just for you
>>
>>42386003
>giving up after 4 weeks because of minor pain

You're right you weren't meant to make it.
I've been out for about 4-5months with what was thought to be rotator cuff tendonitis. No improvement, might be a tear.
Been doing legs, abs every othe day and am dying because I can't do upper body, hopefully will be back soon.
So go ahead and give up, leave the gains for the rest of us you pussy. Sage.
>>
>>42386003
Could be worse. I just snapped my shit up real bad doing dips yesterday. Chest feels like it took a couple dozen haymakers from Mike Tyson. Internet tales of people suffering from inflammation for months or years afterwards has me sweating a bit.
>>
>>42386046
Are you benching? Most gym-goers bench wrong
>>
>bench pressing with the proprioception of a waffle
>>
>>42386003
ive had shoulder pain for the last 3 years...luckily it only really hurts when i do wide grip military press or DB press...so for shoulders do a narrower grip press then the rest of my routine

Just find a way to train around the injury. If you cant then look up online methods to deal with it
>>
>>42386173
Yep. Incline and flat bench. Idk how my form is, the PT said it was fine but he only watched me with just the bar.
>>
>>42386003
What routine? SS? SL?
>>
>>42386003
not all is lost, OP, I have a feeling you'd make a cute trap
>>
>>42386222
I do strong squats
>>
>>42386222
P/P/L, pretty much the coolcicada one from google/bodybuilding.com, except I added a bunch of accessories (dips, hanging leg/knee lifts, pullups).
>>
Slow down. It's a journey, not a race etc, etc.

Give yourself an extra day off to recover until your body adapts to being worked out so intensely. You could also just lower the weight; I continue to workout through minor muscle/joint soreness. I just lower the weight and spend the time focusing on form.
>>
>>42386276
>I added accessories
That program is already 6 exercises per day, brah.

>accessories
This is the problem. People keep saying "accessory" in a non-powerlifting context. If you're bodybuilding, you don't have "accessories". "Accessory" is not a bodybuilding concept. You have compound/multi-joint lifts (which is where dips and pullups belong, btw) and you have isolation/single-joint lifts.

Anyhow, you need to deload and work on some mobility stuff now. You might need to take a solid two weeks off if it's not getting any better from mobility.

I recommend
>band external rotations
>band internal rotations
>light (like 2lb) v-dumbbell raises (inbetween a lateral raise and a front raise, with the thumb up like in the hammer position)
>strict rear delt flies (2lb weight again), preferably from lying on a high flat bench or table.
>lying Y-raise
>lying W-raise (both with light 2lb weights)
>>
>>42386016
This, you can bitch when you break/tear something.
>>
>>42386393
I work out 7 days a week, and typically do some cardio (either a 2.5 mile jog or about 20 minutes of HIIT) about four nights a week. Is that too much? I was under the impression that overtraining is a meme, especially at the weight I'm doing (one plate bench, one and a half plates squat, etc.).

I'm 5'9" 160 lbs, pretty skinnyfat, if it matters.
>>
>>42386534
>>42386393

Also, I get about 1800 calories and 120g protein a day. My TDEE varies depending on the calculator I use (I've seen it as low as 2300 and as high as 2900), but I'm not seeing a ton of lost weight or improved muscle definition yet. Again, I've only really been following a routine for about four weeks, but still.
>>
m8 I've had chronic tendinitis in both of my forearms for ten years, and I just hit lmao3pl8 last week. I mean crying in the fetal position, can't make a fist tendinitis.
Talk to your doctor or PT or something, they'll give you stuff to do/not do.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.