[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been lifting for a month, I know I should really expect any gains,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: images (2).jpg (5KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
5KB, 253x199px
Been lifting for a month, I know I should really expect any gains, but I got some! A beer belly. Literally no progress, but I got a beer belly. I don't know how the fuck that's possible because I was skinny and I actually didn't increase my calorie intake, I actually just cut out sugar and most carbs and instead eat nothing but eggs, peanut butter just by the spoonful, chicken, fish and vegtables.

And guess what else? I'm actually LESS strong now. I was insanely weak to begin with (turbo manlet at 5'6" too) I was putting 40 lbs (yes, really that little) on each side of the barbell for a total of 80, doing about 7-10 reps. Just came back after two rest days feeling great and struggled to do 5-7 reps with 70.

I don't want to use the genetic excuse. I'm not handicapped and the laws of physics apply to me too. What should I change?

My routine is 4-5 times a week I'm at the gym lifting for an hour. 3-5 sets with about 7 reps for bench pressing and then curls, just because those are the most fun for me, weighted crunches holding a 25 lbs. plated weight, incline presses, sometimes I'll throw in fly's, that over the head with one dumbell behind you thing I don't know the name of, and then 2-3 of the times I'm there I'll squat (which I for some reason can't do without straining my spine) and use this machine that I don't know the name of for calfs. For legs I do higher reps. Other than that I usually do 2 or so other machines or dumbell workouts I've seen on bodybuilding that I can't remember the names of.

I know I'm inexperienced. Yes I've read the sticky and have a basic idea for how this works but I feel like there's more I'm missing.
>>
What is the rest of your day like? Do you get up and move around throughout the day or do you sit in front of a desk a lot?

If you can, try to stand up and do some stretches or walk around for a few mins at least once every couple of hours,
>>
>>42384195
> literally me but I have a shittier diet kek
>>
>>42384195
you are constipated retard. eat oats and high fiber vegetables. drink lots of water and go far walks if you don't do any cardio.
>>
Do dumbbell presses

I can't bench worth a shit and I'm making mad beginner gains
>>
>>42384195
Same here, but I've stuck with it for a while longer. Only explanation I can think of is muscle development in the stomach is pushing fat that was already there outwards. No idea if that even makes sense.
>>
File: 1501703167992.jpg (131KB, 1350x898px) Image search: [Google]
1501703167992.jpg
131KB, 1350x898px
>>42384195
lmfao u r not doing SS and GOMAD noob
>>
>>42384195
Do you count your calories?

Also, reducing carbs is a meme. Anecdotal evidence, but when I carb load before going to the gym my performance is better than usual. It's probably the same reason why athletes carb load.

Dont worry too much about having a bad gym day, it happens to us all. I've noticed by me that my lifts go up and down, but if I look back, my lifts were slowly but steadily increasing, even with the fluctuations.

I train more for hypertrophy, so increasing my lifts dramatically isn't my goal. For anyone saying you need to lift big to get big, thats just not true as long as you are progressively overloading imo. I make better gains in the hypertrophy range, even if my lifts only increase very slowly compared to some other guys who care more about ego lifting the most weight with crappy form, then they wonder why their targeted muscles aren't growing as expected.

Are you executing the exercises with proper form?
>>
I'll help you out OP. 4-5 times lifting is a little too much, even if you are doing a split, because you will blow out your arms and shoulders. Try 4 days at most on a split, or 3 days on a full body, full body is better in my opinion. On rest days you can do cardio. In order to get rid off the belly, try eating at a deficit, then lean bulk once you get cut. Try eating as few calories as you can while maintaining protein (.6-.8 bodyweight) carbs (.3-.5) and very little fats while supplementing vitamins and fish oil. Works for me.
>>
>Loss of strength
>less energy
>new weird weight distribution where everything looks less full except for belly.
Wanna know why this is happening?
>cut out carbs
Why did you find it necessary to go keto?you NEED carbs for energy and strength. Keto is great for lossing fat but since you don't have muscle under to show you're only hindering yourself. And cause you're not eating carbs you're lossing water weight and hence you look less "full" in some places. Eat rice, oatmeal. Don't go full keto at this point in you're lifting journey. And is your routine something you designed or an established routine? Do something that has already been proven to work.
>>
>>42384367

>Also, reducing carbs is a meme.

So much this.

I was on a cut for 3 months where I would eat lower than 200 g of carbs each day. For the final 3 weeks I was consistently having shitty workouts each and every time. Stamina was barely there and I had to deload each week, so I wasn't moving any weight.

This past weekend I said "Fuck it. Gotta eat big to get big". Surely enough after eating 600 cals over maintenance (mainly carbs and protein) for 3 days in a row my strength and endurance came rushing back. Low carb sucks. Just eat more whole grains and complex carbs.
>>
File: 1494967117021.png (37KB, 807x662px) Image search: [Google]
1494967117021.png
37KB, 807x662px
>>42384195
>7 reps
>>
>>42384195
>He failed before he even got started

Kek, normally I can be really helpful, but I don't feel like your worth the effort. But here I am anyway, Just thought I should let you know that.
>>
>>42384367
I do hear carbs BEFORE lifting is much better than after... I think.

As for form I think I do it pretty well. Dumbell presses I have a hard time keeping both arms moving at the same speed. Squats I think I'm not doing right to be honest.

>>42384236
I'm usually in plays at night. If I'm not, I sleep or sit at a desk. Is should just do some low intensity movement throughout the day?

>>42384279
I dunno, I shit alot. But I will take the fiber advice because I think I need more of that anyway, thanks.

>>42384298
>SS
Don't know what that means. Either Super Saiyan or straight shota.

No but really, you think supper sets are that important? Honestly don't kow what the other thing means

>>42384757
I'm not saying "I failed, I give up", I'm gonna keep doing it I
till I do it right.
>>
>>42384282
Interesting. It's possible to look more muscular without increasing strengh? Is that what you're saying? Are you sure you're not just lowerin body fat %?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.