[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should you go to the gym if you're sick? I have a bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: old-man-gym.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
old-man-gym.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
Should you go to the gym if you're sick?

I have a bad cold and im arguing with my gf. She says i need to rest, and im saying its fine if I go.
>>
>>42381836
Rule of thumb is:

>above the neck, go
>below the neck, don't

All depends on how you feel of course. I hate working out with a sore throat/ cold
>>
Your lifts will be shit and you'll spread your nasty contagions. Stay home bud. It sucks, but the rest will help you recover
>>
>>42381836
Don't go and make everyone else sick you fucking gains goblin
>>
Currently have a fucked throat. One time I went with a sore throat and ended up with a fever, put me out for a weak. Just rest up.
>>
Rest it is.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>42381836

>Not a doctor, but

...If you look up some of the actual medical advice when dealing with a cold, most will tell you to rest for 2-3 days. This is the timeframe where the symptoms are the worst, and stressing the body could lead to your symptions lasting longer.

The average cold lasts 7-10 days, so you could still be exercising for more than half of your sick period.
>>
RATTLE RATTLE FEED ME CATTLE
what the fuck is that thing in your pic OP?
>>
Negotiate that if you do rest, she will take good care of you if you know what I mean.
>>
>>42381836
I've worked out before, not pleasant, but doable. What the other anon said about above the neck is true, and if you have full blown flu with a temperature and chills I wouldn't. Plus, if your gym has a sauna that really helps when you're sick and helps you recover faster
>>
>my girlfriend dictates whether I lift or not

top kuk
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.