[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else dealing with lower back pain? I have SI joint problems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: low-back-pain.jpg (180KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
low-back-pain.jpg
180KB, 2000x1000px
Anyone else dealing with lower back pain? I have SI joint problems that make any kind of bending painful. Rows, deadlifts, and sometimes squats are impossible. Share your experiences and how you recovered.
>>
>>42379461
I stretch and warm up longer than I did before the pain. Its pretty much all you can do
>>
File: stretch.gif (3MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
stretch.gif
3MB, 240x180px
>>42380289
this and hyperextensions as accessory. also abdomial work.
pic related stretch also does the biggest trick for me to release any major lower back pain
>>
>>42379461
maybe you have a weak bum
>>
Y O G A
O
G
A
>>
>>42379461
foam roll before each work out

piriformis in particular
>>
Weak core coupled with inflexible hips gave me a herniated disc when I was 18.

Windshield wipers is a great exercise that both stretches and builds core. So I start every workout with that.

Then do various leg raises (up/down, side to side, circles), marching hip raises, planks, seated twists, etc. All those will build core (abs, back, obliques).

Then stretch your hips and do hip abductors.

You do a solid 2-3 weeks rehabbing your core, then your back will no longer be an issue and you can workout as normal.

>TL;DR the weaker your core is, the more work you're spine has to do.
>>
>>42382050
>you're
Fuck...
>>
I have APT due to weak core and weak glutes.

Curiously, I rarely have lower back pain. Some soreness from time to time, but no real 'pain'.
>>
>>42379461
Yeah, this past december I was pulling lmao 4pl8 after taking some time off. After a few triples my lower back/SI was crazy painful. That night the pain got worse, and even worse in the morning.

What really fucks it up is any kind of heavy back extension (rows, t-bar, conventional DL). The minute I approach 300lbs on anything, I'm all fucked up again.

I've been to a chiro, physical therapist, dry needling, etc....nobody really knows what the injury is. But my recent phys therapist says its probably from poor stabilization + my left glute not firing properly.

Slowly building up strength & stab muscles

I also notice that
>>
Seems like the common problem here is weak core, hips, and glutes.
>>
Pulled/strained my back many times. Made it hard to walk, and quite painful.

Haven't had a bad one in a long time.

1. Stretch more, push for mobility gains. Nothing special, just 10-15 minutes each day.

2. Warm up with more sets.

3. Lots of ab work. Leg raises, cable crunch, twisting cable crunch, are all good.

4. Got a belt.

5. Switched to trap bar do and front squat.

Problem seems to be solved.
>>
>>42383161

Also started doing more leg curl work and doing leg press any time my back felt off instead of squats or DL.
>>
>>42379461
Do Limber 11 once a day
https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/limber-11-the-only-lower-body-warm-up-youll-ever-need.html
>>
>>42383161
I have had plenty of back problems too. Stretching my hamstrings and ab work really helped the most. Focusing on contracting my abs when I walked and sat also helped a lot (and keep the shoulders back). Also, sleeping on a hard floor (with only a pillow and blanket) also helps when I have back pain.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.