[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started lifting, my knees are sore after squatting, can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (6KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 264x191px
Just started lifting, my knees are sore after squatting, can I get some tips on not fucking up ny knees and back?
>>
Stop squatting unless you want dinosaur legs and back problems for life
>>
Go full range of motion

Stay away from the low bar squat meme
>>
>>42374311
Don't overtrain
Your knees will toughen up over time
Sleeves and wraps can help if you still have problems though
>>
>>42374323
kys
>>
>>42374396
I've been doing ss, should I hold back? How do I make sure my form is right?
>>
avoid letting your knees cave at all, was giving me soreness
>>
>>42374445
Maybe use sleeves or take a few days off to let them heal. Try bw squats to warm up first too
I use bands to strengthen my legs and help with form, but the only pain I ever had was from overuse
Form-wise, just film yourself and evaluate that
>>
>>42374445
Film yourself and post itt
>>
File: 1500330745658.png (797KB, 675x480px) Image search: [Google]
1500330745658.png
797KB, 675x480px
>>42374519
>>42374396
Fuckin shut up with the shit advice.

>>42374323
Stop memeing

>>42374311
Watch squat tutorials, choose either low or high bar squat. Learn proper range of motion and cues to help you. Make sure you know how to brace your abdominals as well. That'll be a separate video probs.
>>
>>42374559
He's talking about knee pain, you dumb nigger
>>
squats WILL give you bad knees and you'll start shrinking after 40
>>
>>42374599
So why would squatting cause him knee pain unless he's doing it wrong you spaz. Do you not understand biomechanics or physics? Squat parallel or below and there'll be a hell of a lot less pressure on your patellar as it will change centre of gravity and distribute it to your hip socket instead. How the fuck does using a sleeve stop knee pain exactly? How does squatting with proper form cause knee pain? Pull your heel to your ass stood up, does it hurt your knee? No, so shut the fuck up

>DUMB NIGGER
>>
Just lift as much as you safely can. If you feel like your knees or going to blow out or you're going to tear a groin muscle then simply left less weight.
>>
>>42374311
Squats are a very "dependant on the person" exercise. There's several forms and ways to do them that are all correct but vary from person to person. Omarlsuf has a good video on squat form differences and how to figure out what squat is best for you. If knees are the issue I'd say immediately look at depth, if you're not getting into the hole and you have constant pressure on your knees throughout the motion you're gonna have a bad time.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.