[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be that advantages or disadvantages of eating a single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: byeeuhg.jpg (19KB, 378x365px) Image search: [Google]
byeeuhg.jpg
19KB, 378x365px
What would be that advantages or disadvantages of eating a single 1500~2000 calorie meal a day?
>>
This is literally IF anon
>>
>>42373340
You would be hungry all the time
>>
You'd get very bloated from only eating one meal and your digestive system will not know how to manage your shits
>>
>>42373340
I basically do this, although it's not one meal per se, it's just a 4 hour window of eating (and I eat way more, like 3000+ calories). It's great. As anon above said, what you're talking about is basically just a more extreme version of IF. Which is sort of neutral for bulking but amazing for cutting. The reasoning behind IF is that your insulin levels drop, you become more insulin sensitive/less insulin resistant, you burn more fat (especially if your diet is also ketogenic), and your basal metabolic rate actually increases. Those are the same reasons extended fasts are good for you, but without the willpower required to fall asleep hungry. If you're looking to lose some weight, I'd recommend doing 20:4 IF and an extended fast at least 1 day per week (I eat my last meal Friday evening and eat my first meal Sunday afternoon). It sucks the first week or two, but after that your body adjusts and it gets way easier. I don't even wake up hungry anymore and I have more energy.
>>
>>42374734
Also of note, you can mix some butter or oil (preferably not milk, lactose affects insulin) in with your coffee in the morning if you want. Although it has calories, since it has no protein or carbs your body doesn't see it as any different from burning body fat, i.e. no insulin spike. It's sort of tricking your body into thinking it's still fasting even when you just drank 200 cals of coconut oil, there's even some evidence to show that doing so primes your body for continued fat burning throughout the day.
>>
>>42374243
No...IF is time frame of eating and not eating.

Eating a single meal is called OMAD(one meal a day)
>>
>>42374864
You're just giving a different name to more extreme version of the same thing, it's still intermittent fasting. IF comes in many shades- 16:8, 18:6, 20:4, or a single meal. Still the same concept, you're just varrying the window
>>
>>42374804
I've tried that before and it makes me feel real good, dunno if its placebo though.
>>
>>42375153
The fats also slow absorption of caffeine, meaning it's a slower ramp up in effect as well as a longer sustained effect (so you feel the effects of caffeine longer but without the jitters and crash). That, combined with the ketones and caffeine making you feel satiated, makes for a pretty good way to start your day.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.