[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently doing this exercise that's supposed to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: rd3fc9[1].jpg (124KB, 830x768px) Image search: [Google]
rd3fc9[1].jpg
124KB, 830x768px
I'm currently doing this exercise that's supposed to hit the back, but I only feel my arm working out.

What's wrong with me?
>>
>>42372218
>i feel it

fuck off NYR
>>
>>42372218
You aren't pulling with your elbows
>>
Think "row with the elbows."
>>
>>42372218
Lifting too heavy and spending too much energy on gripping and holding the weight.
Leave your ego at the door, lift lighter and concentrate on feeling the muscle in your back.

Correct form and hitting the correct muscles and being as safe and efficient as possible is more important.

Remember. Ego lifting is a one trip to snap city.
>>
>>42372241
this
>>
>>42372242
I'm literally lifting baby weight

>>42372241
>>42372231
I'll try this next set, thanks bras
>>
>>42372218
that's a general problem with lat exercises, a lot of people have trouble engaging their back

try to imagine your hands as hooks that are just pulling the dumbbell from the ground - roughly perpendicular with your chest - back to your hips

also that image is bullshit, dumbbell rows do not primarily work the spinal erectors
>>
Use your arms as hooks, pull back with your elbows and squeeze your lats for a good second.

It's so easy to use too much biceps on back exercises. If you fall into a habit of using too much bi, you'll end up with shitty back development, so it's really smart to get the exercises right before starting to throw on heavy weights.
>>
>>42372218
>falling for the dumbbell jew
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>42372260
if you can don't use your thumb either in a full grip, just hook it like you would a cable row or pulldown
>>
DONT DO THESE HEAVY KEEP IT LIGHT AND ONLY THINK ABOUT UR BACK EVERY REP UNTIL U MASTER IT.

dont be the 130 lbs thinnking he is hot shit doing these with 100s
>>
>>42372218
Go as heavy as possible and cheat a ton
>>
1.) navigate to YouTube
2.) type "Scooby Dumbbell Row" into the search bar
3.) hit "Enter" (it may be "Return" on your keyboard)
4.) watch the video
5.) do what he does
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.