[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ Im really not sure what to do. I've been cutting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1500119749409.jpg (536KB, 2200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
1500119749409.jpg
536KB, 2200x2200px
Hey /fit/

Im really not sure what to do. I've been cutting on 1500 kcals since the start of june and i just feel it hasn't had any results. My TDEE is 2100 according to calculators (77kg 176 cm manlet). I workout 5 days a week (PHAT) and i do HIIT 3 days and normal cardio for about 20 minutes the other days. Sometimes on my days off i go on long walks or go to the gym and do more cardio. I've been eating 1500 kcals (hitting 1.8x BW in brotein aswell) or less basically every day since the start of june and i feel like it hasn't had any effect. I've got noob/comeback gains going for me so im way bigger and stronger but i REALLY hate being fat/chubbyish. I've lost 1.4 kg's (measured both morning/evening) since i started doing this and my abscence of abs remind me of what a failure i am every day. I don't even look in the mirror anymore because im so ashamed.

So last week i said "fuck it" and started cutting on 1000 and it's really fucking shitty bros. I mean i don't feel well at all - im hungry, tired, i don't sleep well, and i perform worse at work. The ONLY things i eat are oats for breakfast, chicken and vegs for lunch, and a chicken chili for dinner, with quark (basically cottage cheese but tastes good) post-workout/in the evening. Im still hitting my protein goal but i just feel like this is unsustainable. My lifts haven't suffered yet - in fact, im stronger than i was before. But the problem is i can't bring myself to bear to eat more food because i hate my body so much. Hate, hate, hate. My friends all tell me how big i've gotten and while it sure is nice, every time i accidentally catch a glimpse of my stomach and don't see abs i feel like shit.

DAE know this feel? Feel free to share, or just berate me for my lack of willpower
>>
>>42369471
power through, increase your workouts and never relent on your calories limits

push and push, never give in, the more it fights you, the more you vicious you become.

t. been there done that.
>>
I'm there with you dude, my TDEE is about 2200 and I've been cutting at about 1800 for maybe a month. I've lost a couple lbs and my lifts are going up, but it's slow going. Just gotta keep at it. A 1.1k deficit is probably too much to sustain, I'd scale it back to maybe 500 a day and just keep fucking going to the gym. The food cravings get easier with time, and the dread/ennui of going to the gym deadens over time too. Just gotta keep at it.
>>
>>42369471

1000 a day sounds dumb. You're probably making progress, what's your weight change?
>>
File: 1500490103538.jpg (143KB, 1334x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1500490103538.jpg
143KB, 1334x1334px
>>42369545
I really enjoy lifting, i've been doing it for a few years but had a 1 year break from it. Feels good to be back and i have been in very (well, very as in around 15% BF) and i know how good that feels but the road there is hellish. I basically spent an entire summer just working out and eating chicken. Had no job, no friends left in town, no distractions. Wake up, run, eat, lift, vidya, sleep, repeat. And that worked. But it 's so hard especially when you want to have a social life. I hang out with friends very often and we all like to crack a few cold ones with the boys but it really sucks just knowing how much "damage" i am doing to myself by drinking 1-2 beers. Or eating anything that basically isn't chicken.

I just feel like if i don't rock that sixpack, nothing matters. I could have the worlds biggest shoulders, arms, back, and pecs, but even a tiny bit of flab on your stomach and you're still Fatty McLard
>>
>>42369471
>quark (basically cottage cheese but tastes good)
Literally the fucking opposite of what you posted.
>>
>>42369471
Stop being a little bitch and cut at a sustainable 1500kcal. If your lifts are increasing you're gaining muscle so you most likely lost 2+ kg of body fat in the mean time.

Abs will come with time.
>>
File: 1496949686365.jpg (43KB, 363x459px) Image search: [Google]
1496949686365.jpg
43KB, 363x459px
>>42369471
I think you should give low carb a chance
ditch the oats
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.