[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is lifting more popular and accepted among blue collar workers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (29KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 299x299px
Why is lifting more popular and accepted among blue collar workers? Why do my white collar coworkers look at me with disdain when I say I would rather lift than go out to the bars.
>>
Because you have trouble understanding that socializing needs timenout of your day as much as lifting. You are both alienating your coworkers and not making social gains by not rescheduling your work out in order to hanging out with them.
>>
>>42369192
Lifting is completely accepted by white collar workers. You're just perceived as an antisocial autist by your coworkers because you don't want to take a day off to socialize. To them it sounds like you're just making excuses because you don't want to hang out with them. Either accept it and be the social outcast at work or take a day off or reschedule once in a while to make social gains.
>>
>>42369192
because your social group bonds around alcohol intake, if you don't participate then you are not part of it, doesn't have anything to do with blue/white collar.
>>
>>42369192
Perhaps it's because corporate politics and networking are more important in the white collar world than the blue collar, and social activities such as going to a bar with your coworkers are seen as important for job advancement and shit. It's all about them career gains. I dunno.
>>
>>42369238
>hanging out with coworkers
>>
>>42369192
People with white collar jobs value social activities like going for drinks. You should work this into your schedule, it improves your career potential and helps you make close friends.

Lift in the mornings or earlier in the evening if its a problem.
>>
File: tohru.png (1MB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tohru.png
1MB, 960x1080px
because you are different and not conforming and they dont like that

To them exercise = work and work = bad, especially if it is unnecessary work. Being that exercise is not necessary to live out their cushy lifestyle, they cant wrap their mind around the concept of somebody wanting to go out of their way to do unnecessary work. Theyre soft and weak, not everybody can live up to your ideals

Blue collar workers might make fun of you for being vain enough to go to the gym, but generally speaking theyll respect size and strength
>>
>>42369192
It has absolutely nothing to do with white/blue collar. The same situation can happen with both.
>>
>>42369192
You basically told them that you're more interested in personal fitness and making yourself look better(because it's obvious that you don't do anything athletic) then interacting with other people.

That's kind of a red flag to the normies.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.