[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright lads I got burnout after two years of lifting heavy 3x

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0511.png (379KB, 1320x806px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0511.png
379KB, 1320x806px
Alright lads I got burnout after two years of lifting heavy 3x a week and cardio twice a week. Felt pretty depressed and fatigued for around two weeks and the doctor told me to lay off the exercise and rest.

How long are we talking here?
Should I be good after a week to hit the gym again if I'm not feeling fatigued and lethargic?

>pic unrelated, a great exercise though
>>
Doctor was just jelly of your gains and is being a gains goblin. Don't listen to his dumb ass.
>>
>>42368224
try a week and see what happens. it's not like any one of us, aside from you, can know how much you burnt yourself out, how quickly you'll recover from it, or how much going to the gym will burn you out

& take the odd deload week in future. they're a good meme
>>
>>42368224
You are just a pussy. Eat and sleep well my buddy.
>>
>>42368224
What were your lifts at and how much do you weight/how tall are you?
>>
>>42368224
If you start feeling burned out, just take a rest week.
>>
>>42368267
Fpbp
>>
>>42368224
Doctors that don't specialize in sports medicine tend to give shitty advice when it comes to training because they really don't know what the fuck they're talking about but by and large don't want to admit that they don't know much about a subject.
Assess your goals, what is it that you want to achieve training wise/ life wise and make a plan to achieve said goals. Then achieve said goals and make new ones.
That being said you would probably benefit from a 1-2 week long deload, although I can't really say this for certain unless I know what your lifts are and what your bodyweight is.
>>
>>42368452
Went from obese to
77kg
5'10
And now I'm at 1/2/3/4 for 1rm
>>
>>42368540
See this Anon>>42368924

I have a strength and conditioning program for rugby and this week is "down week" where ye only session I have is one whole body and the rest of the week is spent at rest, I guess my coaches realised that the program might lead to burnout
>>
>>42368224
have you tried rack pulls above the knee
>>
>>42369424
No
>>
>>42368924
I say just deload and eat more. Those are not bad stats and for your height I think you look pretty decent. Also, I suggest cutting the cardio, or at least lowering it to only once per week.

The moment you stop going to the gym period, it gets harder to get back into it. No reason to subject yourself to that
>>
>>42370653
>I suggest cutting the cardio, or at least lowering it to only once per week.
not the anon you're talking to, but i think this is a bad idea. there's far less interference between the two than people imply, especially given that we're talking about someone who only goes to the gym 3 times a week and does cardio twice a week. i mean, track cyclists often do am/pm sessions: gym in the morning, track in the afternoon. (it's also what i do.)
>>
>>42368224
A week off 4 times a year is really good, balances your nervous system.
>>
>>42370715
to give some evidence of this: http://www.cyclingweekly.com/fitness/training/how-to-train-like-a-sprinter-334002

Monday: am, gym; pm, track
Tuesday: am, track; pm, rest
Wednesday: am, gym; pm, pilates
Thursday: am, gym; pm, track
Friday: am, gym; pm, rest
Saturday: road ride
Sunday: rest
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.