[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm scared and need advice Lately when I fail a workout,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (17KB, 240x312px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
17KB, 240x312px
I'm scared and need advice

Lately when I fail a workout, lifting or cardio, I fail for the same reason:

Not because it's too heavy. Not because I'm too tired.

Because my heart beats harder and harder, and soon it's beating so hard that I feel this intense queasy, sick feeling in my chest and I can't go on.

Am I gonna die

pls give advice
>>
You are going to die. The mortality rate has been staying steady at 100% for all weightlifters
>>
I don't know what that means but I do know you're not gonna make it brah
>>
That's not normal. When I go way too hard my heart is gonna be beating like fuck but I'll puke before anything else

Go to a doctor.
>>
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
>>42367660
>>
>>42367637
Basic operant learning. You're reinforcing your defeatist behavior by quitting when it gets hard - whenever it gets hard, you start feeling "queasy", and when you stop working out the uneasy feeling goes away, tying together the two events - the inactivity with the disappearance of the bad feeling; you're practically teaching yourself to quit when it gets hard. This is also the basic mechanism in panic attacks.

tldr: don't stop, instead keep going and see what happens. When you realize nothing bad happens as a result of the "queasy" feeling you'll stop learning to escape the difficulty.

t: Psychology master's.
>>
>>42367815

>8 years of school to be taught the pseudo science of how not to give up

Can someone with some actual intelligence give me an answer please?
>>
>>42368094
>pseudo science
>actual intelligence

I'm sorry to learn you can't read more than 2 consecutive sentences before losing track of the topic, so please take your time to read this here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_learning

Let me simplify: lifting no bad. ignore feeling, it go away.
>>
>>42368172

Lol. Thanks for proving my point, I'm not even OP. Psych majors are still brainlet, pseud incels.

I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the next big study that you and your graduate Jewish masters took millions to make: correlation exists between being burned on cross and painful death
>>
>>42368229
>t. physics major
>>
>>42368229
interesting post
>>
>>42368229
Found the smug STEMlet
>>
>>42368229
Low effort, 4/10, you didn't shove enough /pol/ buzzwords in there. Not once did you call me a cuck, accused the academia of pushing to race mingling or warned me of the incoming race war.
>>
>>42368229
>I'm not even OP
t. OP
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.