[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just realized I've unironically had oats and squats for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: quaker10.jpg (85KB, 786x782px) Image search: [Google]
quaker10.jpg
85KB, 786x782px
I just realized I've unironically had oats and squats for breakfast every day for years. No wonder I've made it.
>>
>>42356265
Can I get a quick rundown on oats?

Mix with water or milk? Stove top or microwave? How long for which one? Should I put peanut butter, fruit, or nothing in it?
>>
>>42356312

Mix with water if on a cut. If bulking or maintenance use milk.

Use stovetop for best tasting oats.

They're super versatile so put whatever you want into them. I find the combination of whey protein and vanilla extract to be god tier.
>>
>>42356312
I just chug them down dry with a glass of water on the side.
Started doing it to save time/to be lazy but soon discovered eating them uncooked makes them digest slower which gives me a nice steady boost of energy for up to 6 hours while consuming the same amount as oatmeal would first make me feel bloated/stuffed and eventually crash my blood sugar much faster.
>>
>>42356265
Steel oats or regular oats? I get conflicting answers on this board.
>>
>>42356312
>stovetop
>2 cups skim milk to 1 cup oats
>fat pinch of koesher salt
>whisk in a fuckton of cinnamon
>cook until just boiling
>mix in 1 cup frozen blueberries
That's how I roll.
>>
>>42356312

Stove top, milk, sprinkle with cinnamon
>>
>>42357105
I don't think it makes a difference. I just get the regular rolled oats (not those crappy quick oats though) because they cost practically nothing.
>>
>>42356312
I put 200g of oats in a mixer with enough water to make it a fluid, and just drink it fast. Instant 800kcal perfect for bulking
>>
>>42357229
*I think blender is the word you guys use for mixer
>>
>>42357229
>bulking
>with oats and water
anon...
>>
>>42357441
Bruh.. I just chug those down additionally twice a day so I can easily reach 4000kcal, otherwise I just eat normally five times a day
>>
OVERNIGHT OATS!!!!
>>
>>42357479
Well obviously anything is possible. You can eat ten kilograms of broccoli and achieve a caloric surplus if you want to. But oats (especially soaked in water) have a very high ratio of satiety for calories so it sounds like you're making hard work out of something that doesn't need to be.

I eat 100-150g of oats and a 200g skyr (18g prot 100kcal) for breakfast and that's a good meal. 200g of oats is easy to get down but it will make me feel full. And I can eat 3000 kcal on a cut with my current activity level.
>>
>>42357555
>it will make me feel full
That's why you mix them with water, they dont expand very much and you just drink that shit.

I drink that in the morning, then have a snack before lunch, have normal lunch, eat something after lunch, go to training, eat normal dinner, and before sleeping drink another shake. Easy peasy lemon squeezy
>>
>>42357595
I get that and like I said it will go down easy, but afterwards you'll feel like you ate a full meal. If you want to feel liie you're stuffed 24/7 go for it, I'm not telling you to stop. Personally if I was just looking to add calories my diet I wouldn't use the one ingredient famous for keeping the hunger away for a long time with relatively few calories.
>>
>>42357595
As a side not have you tried bran? I opt for (oat)bran over oats when I want to add some carbs to my shakes because it's much finer and easier to drink. Not that oats are hard, but it's even easier. More fibre too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.