[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I finally decided to start making my own meals so I would stop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20170801_152425.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170801_152425.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I finally decided to start making my own meals so I would stop eating junk food out of convenience.

/fit/izens who meal prep, what kind of muscle meals do you like to make?
>>
>>42356248

>lightly seasoned pan fried chicken breast

why do fags always make this their first time cooking?
>>
>>42356491
what would u cook first time than faggot
>>
>>42356513
Chicken, veggies, optionao rice, add cottagr cheese for extra protons.
Use lots of spices and herbs and vary them so one dish becomes like 10 different dishes.

Though if you're an American who unironically hasn't cooked before I recommend you just get a hang of the basics and cook some basic recipes first just to learn how to deal with ingredients and such. Cooking is 90% preparation and seasoning. If you know how to cook a chicken right or how to not overcook veggies anything tastes good. That only comes with experience. And if you're trying to make a meal with perfect macros it will allow for a lot less "covering up" as your standard home cooked comfort food.
>>
Last night I made some ground beef, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. I have unrefined burger fat taste so I just put some ketchup on the meat.

The meal is delicious and $1.50 per meal.
>>
>>42356248

>not baking your chicken for tender juiciness
>>
>>42356589
he is starting making basic shit, why then complaining hes making basic shit faggot
>>42356491
>>
>>42356673
Well for one thing frying chicken breasts on a pan and nothing else is not "basic shit". It's barely a dish. Also making a good tasting meal from chicken breast, a very low fat meat, without adding any fat is difficult. A simple bolognese or something would make more sense to start with if a person seriously has no clue about cooking.

If you want a foolproof way to make good chicken get some pyrex dish or something with a lid and throw the chicken breasts in the oven with some veggies in the dish with it. Tomatoes, onion, celery, sweet potato, beans, whatever. Dash of olive oil and some garlic and herbs with maybe a little chili.

The moistures from the veggies keep the chicken from drying without adding much (if any) fat and all you need to do is dice some veggies and throw it all together in the oven for an hour, difficult to fuck up.

A frying pan might be the first thing a novice grabs but it's also the easiest way to overcook your chicken or cook it unevenly if you have no experience with what you're doing. It's practically designed to get rid off moisture.
>>
File: 1398562306419.jpg (47KB, 605x554px) Image search: [Google]
1398562306419.jpg
47KB, 605x554px
Cutting right now
>Lunch
Get chicken breats, veggies (whatever you like but i think garlic is pretty much mandatory), mushrooms, some low-fat cream, and some cheese
Dice veggies
Fry chicken until golden, salt and pepper
Put in deep oven tray or similar
Fry veggies
Put veggies on chicken
Pour low fat cream and some cheese on top
Bake for 20 mins
I usually eat 1/4 (1 chicken breast) in one portion so it's like 350kcals for 40g of brotein and it tastes pretty good.
In general just learn how to cook chicken without making it taste like shit and you'll have come a long way. Im trying to eat 1000 kcals on day (i really want visible abs before sumer ends so i can bulk with a clean conscience..or something) and it's doable, but you have to pretty much keep shoving chicken or tuna down your throat to stay low and still hit protein goal. Anyway,
>Dinner : X chili (where x = {chickenbreasts, pork, beef}
Get protein of choice - chicken is leanest, pork tastes a bit better but contains more calories, beef contains the most calories (atleast the one i buy) and is expensive but tastes the best
Get onion, garlic (lots of garlic), CHILI (lots of chili. Like, more than you think you want.) ,crushed tomatoes (bout 1 package per 500 grams of protein), tomato puree, stock and whatever else you want, you can add beer if you're feeling cheeky
I use a slow cooker which is really convenient and it turns out great every time (pour everything in, cook on low for about 6-9 hours - shorter for chicken, longer for beef, use a fork to check if it's falling apart). I would HIGHLY recommend people buy one of these, it's very convenient for making food that is delicious, natty approved, and since you don't have to watch it you can go about your daily life while making food for the rest of the week. If you do it in a casserole you'll have to check on it/stir every now and then.
With 1 kg of protein this becomes 4-5 servings depending on how much you want to eat.
>>
>>42356248
Good for you breh. Fuck all the Michelin star chefs here :)

Main meat cooking advice, get it to room temperature before cooking. Never toss it on to the heat directly out of the fridge.

If you slice the chicken breast in long thin strips it would be easier to cook.

Learn how to make rice.
>AKA read the instructions on the bag.

Add frozen vegetable mix to rice. And done
>>
Where do we learn more about cooking
>>
>>42356248
Beef and frozen pizza with extra cheese with a diet soda.
>about 1500 cal
>more than 100g proton
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.