[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit heres my body after about a year of consistent kettlebell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 20170730_040315_HDR.jpg (2MB, 4191x2358px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_040315_HDR.jpg
2MB, 4191x2358px
/fit heres my body after about a year of consistent kettlebell training. 6' 2" about 200lbs. Went from a 165lb lanklet to where I am here today.

I think I look OK with my shirt off, but I'm a total DYEL with clothes on. Can I continue to pack on lean mass with kettlebells? I'd like to have bigger shoulders.

I mainly do double front squats for as many reps as I can, clean and press, rows. Any help, fit? I supplement with creatine.
>>
you're a total DYEL without clothes on m8. you're weak and it shows

pick up the barbell instead of the kettlebell
>>
>>42350462
haha you're right mate.

It's nice having your equipment only take up two feet of space, at home, no gym membership though. I'm not looking to get bodybuilder large, I'd be happy with 15 more lbs of lean bodyweight.
>>
>>42350440
Kettlebells? Listen to less joe rogan and actually lift big boy weights
>>
>> 42350483
>I'm not looking to get bodybuilder large
Obvious bait is obvious no (you)s from me
>>
>>42350485
I'd be happy if I had the same (proportionally) lean mass as Joe Rogan, though. Not trynna be a bodybuilder
>>
>>42350500
>>42350483
if you're not trying to be a bodybuilder then don't do roids. it's that simple. if you want to get strong and look strong, pick up the barbell
>>
>>42350510
I'd like to continue training with kettlebells. DYEL I may be now, you should have seen me before. Plus some exercises like double KB front squats and Turkish getups are fun as hell and invigorating.

I currently use kettlebells three times a week. Would it be worth to scale down and add one day a week at a gym for full body compound barbell lifts? Or do I have to go full in and totally leave out my beloved kettlebells?
>>
>>42350440
The classic kettlebell maneuvers are for making you a great athlete.
There are 3 types of muscle contraction. isometric (like flexing, or stabalizers, there is no movement) concentric (contractions, like a bicep curl for example) eccentric (control of muscle lengthening when it is under load, the negative of a bicep curl for example).
now you do squat, press, rows and you will also be able to utilize them like you would dumbbells: doing a controlled rep (not fast, you are not training for explosiveness, you are trying to maximize time under tension) with a controlled negative will help you grow muscle.

how heavy ar the kettlebells? adjustable?
bigger shoulders you can do lots of things.
im sure clean and press helps, but can you do controlled standing overhead press? you could use one bell in each hand, then when you are tired used both hands on one bell.
you can do upright row with the bells, people say this is a bad exercise for a barbell, but if each arm is free you can bring the hands higher. you could externally rotate once you reach the top, works the rear delt a little bit too. not sure if bells will bash your wrists if you get your hands high on this.
there are lateral raises if the kettlebells are light enough.
your bent over rows you could have your elbows flared and it will work your rear delt rather than having you elbows tucked working you lats.
when trying to work your shoulders and chest try to make sure your traps are depressed in order so they don't help cheat the lift.

just get creative, probably most exerises you can think of with dumbbells can be done with kettlebells
>>
>>42350587
I've got one 45lb'er and two 60lb'ers.
>>
>>42350607
the middle head of the deltoid is what gives the boulder shoulder appearance, but i'd have to assume is too weak to do lateral raises with that equipment. maybe you could do one handed cheat lateral raise with the 45.
you will be able be creative to do front delt work and rear with that weight but not sure about middle delt: you could upright row in the same fashion as a barbell upright row(but they say wide grip for middle delt...), however it is a "dangerous" lift and is often not recommended, the hands being fixed position has injury risk

if you want only training at home with no gym and little equipment, consider buying a pair of adjustable dumbbells?
>>
>kettlebells
Get educated on this horseshit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gJfcL3lI3o
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.