[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well /fit/, hello again. I was once an aspiring aspie powerlifter,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Well /fit/, hello again.

I was once an aspiring aspie powerlifter, and now I feel I am a fat nobody so I am getting my ass back to the gym.

It's been months /fit/, I'm scared hold me. What should I do at the gym to get back in the swing of things?
>>
File: adderall.jpg (391KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
adderall.jpg
391KB, 1200x800px
Pic related and being up too damn early is what's getting my ass back to the gym today
>>
>>42350403
TM
>>
>What should I do at the gym to get back in the swing of things?
do a 360 and walk back home

if you don't have the dedication, self-discipline, and motivation to go to the gym and stay in the gym, you're not gonna stick with it. save everyone else the trouble of having to wait for you to finish with the squat rack or bench and just stay at home.
>>
>>42350403
Isn't that basically 5/3/1?
>>
>>42350432

this is categorically wrong though

i get all my newbie friends into lifting by having them do easy workouts and getting a cheeseburger after. After 2 weeks they start to crave going to the gym so we gradually cut down on the afterburgers and ramp up the intensity. After a month or two they start looking into programs.

ive done this with three people.
>>
>>42350442

Idk, someone posted this ages ago and was like "Yo /fit/ does dis right hurr be one of them fancy routines y'all doin?" and yeah

>>42350432

Okay lol. I was always the guy going in and out of the gym to do my shit and leave. Once my mind is set I'll do it. I just need to know what to do now.
>>
>>42350432
>360
Silly anon
>>42350442
Just wanted to post this
>>42350410
Learn to live without that shit. That should be your priority now. After that, you have all the time you want to get fit.
>>
>>42350477

Oh I can live without that shit easy since I'm not in college atm. I can get through work without it but I still need something to keep my energy levels up without caffiene jitters.
>>
>>42350496
Try to get to bed early, then.
As for the routine, Jim Wendler came up with 5/3/1 when he was in a similar situation to yours, funnilly enough.
>>
>>42350403
Do you want to be a powerlifter or do you want to look good?
>>
>>42350410
whats better for gym IR or XR?
>>
>>42350403
there is more to programming than doing x lift on y day, or doing x sets times y reps

learn how to use some basic periodization in your training
>>
>>42350403
Why does every fatty lie about lifting? Just say youre new dude fuck
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.