[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why am i not getting stronger? been lifting for like a year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1318442883001.png (423KB, 680x932px) Image search: [Google]
1318442883001.png
423KB, 680x932px
why am i not getting stronger? been lifting for like a year

>around 17 or 18% bf
>keep track of calories and eat in surplus (usually around 300-500 more)
>sleep around 8 hours
>follow a program

i've been on multiple programs in the past year and i've always stuck to them until at least one complete round but it's always the same in the end. my press is stuck at 60 kg, my squat is stuck at 125 and my deadlift at 130. i weight 70 kg.

i've tried programs with and without accessories and nothing seems to work. i have no idea what to do
>>
>>42348889
Keep doin what ur doin but get ur bf to 30%+ if u want strength
>>
>>42348889
>I've been on multiple programs within a year
Name a few and why you think switching off of them so fast was a good idea
>>
>>42348889
how much weight are you gaining per week
>>
>>42348889

Push yourself harder
>>
>>42348910
shit that gets recommended in /plg/ mostly. candito, 531 suns, ss, tm, and so on.

like i said, i always kept to it for at least once cycle but after i saw that there were no changes i went and tried something else.

>>42348922
was gaining around 1 lbs per week. my body fat is too high now so i've been cutting for the past 2 weeks
>>
>>42348889

>eat at surplus
>no gains even with rest

What the fuck are you eating, son?
>>
>>42348941
you're cutting, you will not be getting stronger now

regardless cutting is the correct decision, get to 10-12% and then bulk again (but this time don't exceed 15-16%)
>>
>>42348951
i wasn't cutting until few weeks ago and i was gaining weight steadily at around 1 lbs each week

like i said, i wasn't getting stronger back then either. it seems like i have literally reached my maximum potential but the weights i'm lifting aren't really that impressive
>>
>>42348889
im pretty sure youve peaked anon, some just werent meant to make it
>>
>>42348948
good food mostly. oats, dairy, meat, potato, rice, legumes, fruits and that kind of shit. i don't really eat much sugar or drink alcohol. maybe some ice cream once per week and a glass of wine
>>
>>42348974

>dairy

Gyno as fuck. I hope you're at least drinking organic to avoid to hormones/antibiotics.

>I don't eat much sugar

You do if you're inhaling fruit.
>>
>>42348966
desu sometimes these things go in cycles

if you have been pushing progression on these movements for a good while, and eating in a surplus for a good while, eventually even with optimal conditions you are going to start getting some seriously diminishing returns

cut down, maintain your lifts as much as possible, and then when you get back to bulking and focusing on progressive weights you'll probably have more success
>>
>>42348889
probably not enough food from calculating it wrong or just need to eat more
>tons of ziemnaki and beef/chicken pierogi
>stop drinking zywiec or cheap vodka
>drink way more water

or

you need to cut down to like 12% and then rebulk. being leaner is better for your hormones. or you're stressed about stuff so your test is suppressed.

or

you have fuckaroundnitis like a bitch and you're scared to commit to weights that might have you mess up

all likely things. please send me gold ecjya frugo from poland dzieki
>>
>>42348997
oh and form. form is stupid important, you should film yourself and analyze what youre doing. I couldn't progress on deadlifts because i did them retarded and didnt even know
>>
>>42348990
i mean refined sugar

>>42348997
i was gaining around 1 lbs per week usually. that's what was recommended in /plg/. pretty sure my calculations were spot on because that's roughly 500 over TDEE

i'm not polish so i didn't understand half the shit you wrote
>>
>>42349022
what i basically said is eat and drink more than you already are, drop shit that affects your hormones badly (smoking, alcohol, etc)

you're either going to get fatter getting stronger so you might want to cut back down and maintain. after a certain point of body fat and metabolism stop working as efficiently so you have to mix it up
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.