[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone please explain to me why it's always calories in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1501522476494.jpg (47KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501522476494.jpg
47KB, 720x720px
Someone please explain to me why it's always calories in vs calories out, Law of thermodynamics etc.. What about ppl saying "muh slow metabolism" how do I shut these people up? Any studies etc? How important are macros for fat loss?
>>
If you eat more calories then you burn off you gain weight it's that fucking simple
>>
>fat is a storage device
>when you have shit to store your body stores it
>when you need more than you have you take it out of storage
>>
File: 1488411575571.jpg (44KB, 476x395px) Image search: [Google]
1488411575571.jpg
44KB, 476x395px
those people are typically lying about their diets, oh I don't eat a lot but gain weight, let's forget about the 10 snacks I had throughout the day though those don't count as meals.

Macros are important for fat loss, typically high protein to build muscle/prevent muscle loss/gain or maintain strength, Carbs are important for energy however an excessive amount will make fat loss more difficult, and Fat is an important fuel source as well as for your bodies hormones and essential needs.

For fat loss I recommend a high protein, moderate/low carb and low/moderate fat diet. More carbs on days you're doing cardio and having intense lifts, more fat and lower carbs on days you're resting or not as demanding on your body.
>>
slow metabolism simply means you have to eat less.
>>
>>42344516
>What about ppl saying "muh slow metabolism" how do I shut these people up?
They are either overestimating how much they expend or are underestimating how much they eat. Often the latter, but it IS one or the other.
>>
File: 1499494132721.jpg (35KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
1499494132721.jpg
35KB, 640x475px
>>42344516
>What about ppl saying "muh slow metabolism" how do I shut these people up?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1454084

>RESULTS:
>Total energy expenditure and resting metabolic rate in the subjects with diet resistance (group 1) were within 5 percent of the predicted values for body composition, and there was no significant difference between groups 1 and 2 in the thermic effects of food and exercise. Low energy expenditure was thus excluded as a mechanism of self-reported diet resistance. In contrast, the subjects in group 1 underreported their actual food intake by an average (+/- SD) of 47 +/- 16 percent and overreported their physical activity by 51 +/- 75 percent. Although the subjects in group 1 had no distinct psychopathologic characteristics, they perceived a genetic cause for their obesity, used thyroid medication at a high frequency, and described their eating behavior as relatively normal (all P < 0.05 as compared with group 2).

>CONCLUSIONS:
>The failure of some obese subjects to lose weight while eating a diet they report as low in calories is due to an energy intake substantially higher than reported and an overestimation of physical activity, not to an abnormality in thermogenesis.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.