[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The smallest plates in my gym make it so the next jump in weight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: images (84).jpg (12KB, 533x276px) Image search: [Google]
images (84).jpg
12KB, 533x276px
The smallest plates in my gym make it so the next jump in weight for my OHP goes from 47.5kg to 50kg. That's a massive jump for OHP, especially as my third set of OHP (Greyskull) on 47.5 was a grinder.

What should I do?
>>
>>42343978
increase the weight regardless and pushpress
it is physiological fact that if you get the weight from A to B even using momentum, all the muscles will be activated.
>>
>>42343978
Smh
>>
Bring your own smaller increment weights, or ask your gym to purchase some. Find objects that can secure to the bar that weigh smaller increments.

Alternatively, say fuck it, and lift the 50kg.
>>
>>42343978

buy microplates and only add 2.5 lbs every workout

add lateral raises and chin-ups on the days you don't OHP

look up form videos, keep core and lats tight etc
>>
>>42343978

Instead of doing 5x5, do 10x2 or 15x1.
>>
see if your gym has barbell collars that are around 0.5kg and use those, it's what I do
>>
>>42344023
This. The GS book straight up says to buy microplates, so you should actually do what the book says.
>>
>>42343978
do different numbers of reps. use a 1rm calculator to see how your progress is going.
>>
>>42343978

After a point, and it tends to happen with OHP first, you'll exhaust linear progress.

Start paying attention to where you fail the lift and figure out which muscles are your weak point (for most people it's probably triceps) deload by at least 10% and start working back up while incorporating accessories to target the weak point (close grip bench made my triceps blow up but ymmv)

If you're still stalled after doing that (and you're eating / sleeping right) then it's time to hop on to an intermediate program.
>>
>>42344513

De loadings are stupid.

To get through a plateau you want to over load as much as possible.

Put another 10% on the bar on do singles with a short rest.
>>
This might be dumb but if the gym isn't crowded, can't you just take multiple plate securers or what the fuck they are called.

So instead of just putting one in each side, put 3.

That you might be able to do 48-49.5kg instead of 50.
>>
If you go into the workout with the mentality you can lift the weight with your rep scheme

Guess what?

You won't.
>>
op here

Idk how i did it, but i managed 3x5 with 50kg

Last set was an absolute grinder

P happy
>>
>>42343978
preogressive overload by increasing reps. or make it more difficult on yourself by pausing at the bottom (don't take advantage of stretch reflex).
or, you know - bring your own microplates.
>>
Just put a 2.5lb plate on one side only and shift your grip slightly.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.