[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok guys how much protein do yoh really need to consume to make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 263457484673456234.jpg (998KB, 1000x1169px) Image search: [Google]
263457484673456234.jpg
998KB, 1000x1169px
Ok guys how much protein do yoh really need to consume to make gainz?
How much protein do YOU usually eat and what do you lift/how is your progress?
>>
>>42343163
3200-3500 kcal
100g fat
200g protein
400g carbs
>>
>>42343616
How much do you weigh?
>>
Whatever your diet plan ends up being, it's typical eat AT LEAST your numerical body weight in grams of protein.

100lbs > 100g etc.
>>
clarence ken the greatest lifter alive says u only need 1.2-.1.4 g per kg of bodyweight so there u go
>>
>>42343636
He's on gear though
>>
>>42343625
83kg @ 182cm
>>
>>42343163
im 90kg and consume about 130-150g a day usually, it seems to be enough as my lifting and progressing is going well, I've been cutting with this protein consumption aswell without big muscle loss etc. 1g/lb of bodyweight is a meme by the fitness industry for you to buy more of their whey etc.
>>
>>42343655
>>42343625
Obviously for bulking, it gives me great regeneration and strength/size gains.
>>
>>42343163
>Ok guys how much protein do yoh really need to consume to make gainz?
1 gram of protein per kilogram of lean body mass.
Yet I see broscientists say you need 1 or more grams per pound of scale weight.
>>
>>42343668
>1 gram of protein per kilogram of lean body mass
that would mean 70g of protein for a 83kg lifter
what is this bullshit?
>>
When im on a program to gain size and strength i eat about 160-180g protein per day.

When im just chilling out and lifting for fun/maintenance i get about 60-80g protein per day.

My lifts are 315 bench for 10 and 495 squat for 5 for example.
>>
>>42343668
I go off this as well I'm ~175 and roughly 155 lean so I eat 160-170 grams protein, I know it seems like 1g/lb but if I was 205 and 155 lean I would still eat 160-170 protons a day. Any more than this and you are just wasting it (assuming you are not on gear).
>>
>>42343715
Oh shit yeah don't do 1g/kg lean that's dumb af. Fuckin euro cuck pulling tricks on me...
>>
1 gram per lb of lean mass is a good minimum value to aim for. If you have a lean mass of 130 lb, then you are aiming for 130 grams of protein. Obviously getting a little less like 120-115 grams is not gonna cause you to waste away, however if you are lifting hard 5-6 times a week, this is a good ballpark for optimal recovery.

Getting a lot less than 1 gram protein per lean body mass is just you screwing yourself out of gains. Especially if you are in newbie gains since you can potentially put on a lot of muscle very quickly if your nutrition is correct along with proper training.

Remember that Protien isn't the only thing required to build muscle. You also need sufficient calories. Read the sticky for a better explanation on why calories are important to build muscle.

>>42343668
don't listen to this retard.
>>
>>42343739
non scientific burger NOOB
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.