[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Hello everyone, is it true that certain conditions can pass through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1500052831526.png (49KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
1500052831526.png
49KB, 230x300px
Hello everyone, is it true that certain conditions can pass through the ''energy in energy out'' thing? Like, is it possible for someone to be on a calory deficit and still gain weight?
>>
>>42340951
>is it possible for someone to be on a calory deficit and still gain weight?
No.

It is possible through certain conditions (usually thyroid related) for someone's TDEE to be so low that a calorie deficit is really hard to maintain, but in that case, they would feel so sluggish and tired all the time due to their body not using as much energy as it should be doing.

But no, a calorie deficit and weight gain are entirely mutually exclusive. Just bear in mind that what is a calorie deficit for a healthy 180lb person could be way above TDEE for someone of the same weight with a thyroid condition.

If you think you have a thyroid condition then go see your doctor, as they are easy to treat and not an excuse for being a fat shit.
>>
No. It is possible for conditions to lower TDEE far below normal and thus to gain weight on what for others would be a deficit. But if caloric expenditure is truly, 100% accurately determined (via a calorimetry suit or somesuch) then at most several pounds of water weight might be gained.
>>
>>42340980
>>42340983
I'm fine boyz it's just some dude that kept telling me about ''Dysregulation of endocrine receptors'' ( Google translated from french) and that it had nothing to do with energy in energy out. But since I don't know enough about metabolism, catabolism and shit he was talking about I couldn't tell if I was wrong or right
>>
There are lots of diseases that will cause calories in to not be fully absorbed. So the caloric value of food in won't necessarily be what is absorbed.

The easiest example is tape worm parasites, but there are other metabolic factors that might make absorbtion deviate from the norm and could precipitate weight gain instead of loss.

They give cows tren when they ship them for a reason, it prevents weight loss.
>>
>>42340951
Yes and No

No, the laws of thermal dynamics apply.

Yes, If you drink water you can rapidly gain weight especially if you are refilling depleted glycogen supplies as the body is set to refill first this binds a shit ton of water.

That's is not really "weigh" gain though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.