[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /fit/, beginner here. I just squatted for the first time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: come on.jpg (25KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
come on.jpg
25KB, 600x375px
Sup /fit/, beginner here.
I just squatted for the first time in my life, I did 5x5 with 95 lbs (lol)
Now I can barely walk, my knees were buckling as I walk out of the gym.
Is this normal? Am I just exceptionally weak, or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>42331819
If you're really out of shape this is normal. Had this, plus delayed onset muscle soreness for a few days afterwards. It'll get better. Don't give up.
>>
Very normal, be ready for some pretty intense soreness in muscles you didn't even know you had.
>>
>>42331952
>>42331973

Should I wait for this soreness to go away before I start squatting again? Im supposed to squat again on Tuesday but the way my legs are feeling right now I doubt theyll be feeling back to normal by then.
>>
your definitely exceptional.
>yes
>your
>>
It's called doms. Do legs at least once a weak and they'll be much less severe in the future
>>
>>42332045
Give it a go on Tuesday. If you definitely can't do it (actually try before giving up), do the other exercises at least. By Thursday it'll feel a lot better.
>>
>>42332099
>>42332102

Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>42331819
Is that 95lbs on both sides? Are you counting the bar?
>>
You forgot the oats
>>
lmao, no, thats 25lbs on both sides and yes Im counting the bar
>>
>>42332224
in response to
>>42332174
>>
>>42331819
Hey buddy if you can't handle the full weight due to soreness I would recommend doing some light and low squats with just the bar
>>
>>42332233
If I switch to just the bar, should I up the reps/sets or continue to do 5x5?
>>
>>42332230
Okay, so for future reference, you squatted 50 lbs, not 95.
>>
>>42332300
Why dont you add the weight of the bar? Youd consider squatting just the bar as squatting 0 lbs?
>>
>>42332376
He's trying to troll you dude. Everyone in the world always adds the weight of the bar. Don't believe me? Look at any powerlifting meet ever and see the numbers. Look at any Olympic weightlifting event ever and look at the numbers. The weight of the bar is always added. Trolls on this board are retarded.
>>
>>42332376
>>42332445
Interesting reverse troll.

You never count the bar, you count the weight on the bar. If you're squatting an empty bar, it counts as zero. The shape of the bar makes it easy to lift, so yes it's "zero" if it's empty.

Try wearing a backpack with a 45lb plate in it, and compare that to have a 45lb bar across your traps. The former is much more difficult, and actually is a 45lb squat.

On all lifts, the bar makes things easier to lift more weight. This is why you can't equate dumbbell lifts with barbell lifts.
>>
File: jew.jpg (12KB, 222x250px) Image search: [Google]
jew.jpg
12KB, 222x250px
>>42332519
In my case though, the barbell was accounting for nearly half the weight. Surely it would have been much easier to squat while holding two 25lbs dumbbells. Than to squat a barbell with two 25lb plates on it
>>
>>42332561
If you're holding the dumbbells at your side, it's not a squat, it's a deadlift.

If you're holding the dumbbells up like you're squatting them, then holding two 25lb dumbbells is roughly equal to squatting two 25lb plates on a barbell.

Also, don't squat with heady dumbbells like that, it's very dangerous and will be extremely painful.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.