[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just read the r/fitness wiki and they said not to do SS or SL.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 91l1%2BK3sK1L.jpg (788KB, 1956x2560px) Image search: [Google]
91l1%2BK3sK1L.jpg
788KB, 1956x2560px
Just read the r/fitness wiki and they said not to do SS or SL. thought they were all the rage a couple years ago? what happened?

(looking up because want to go from 96kg fatty to underweight)
>>
nobody ever did SS, just meme versions of it from the internet

also meme versions of linear programs promote bad habits like increasing weight with shit form. you wouldn't do this if you followed the actual program, but no one does.
>>
>>42327190
From their wiki, they suggest 531 to beginners.
It's retarded, ignore it and just do SS. Or really, any other linear-progression full-body routine, but since you'll already have to read the SS book because it's the best intro available to the theory behind training, from forms to progressive overload... might as well just do it.
>>
>>42327442

Seconding all of this. SS is about as simple and informative as it gets and prepares you for pretty much anything beyond it.
Starting with 531 right out the gate is about the most retarded thing I've ever heard. It's an intermediate if not advanced program that aims to increase lifts every month for people who've been at it for a good while. It's designed for people who know their 1RMs and know how far they can push themselves on a lift without overdoing it.

SS increases lifts every workout, because noobs improve fast as fuck while they simply learn the movements, and it has them repeating those movements as frequently as is safe to do so. 531 has like a week between each lift before it's repeated.

SS is great. If you do it, just make sure you actually read the book cover to cover, actually follow the program, and remember that it's just STARTING strength. It's designed for beginners and should be moved on from once the end points laid out in the book are reached.
>>
>>42327442
>>42327566
It's not vanilla 5/3/1. There are versions tailored for beginners.
>>
>>42327190
Aren't I just going to be a fat fuck eating 4k calories a day If I'm already a chunky chappy?
>>
>>42327789
Yes, you would want to cut first. Still do SS, but cut, and you'll make progress slowly.
>>
SS is for fat powerlifters. If you want to look like a fat washed up lifting coach go for it.
>>
SS has power cleans, which are impossible for beginners to understand without a coach. The first and foremost goal of a good beginners' program should be simplicity, something that SS is severely lacking in.
>>
Do ss. Replace cleans with rows. Add chin ups for full body arms.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.