[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With so many to choose from, what's /fit's choice for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 352384_1.jpg (211KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
352384_1.jpg
211KB, 2000x2000px
With so many to choose from, what's /fit's choice for a pre workout? Looking to get back into lifting but am unsure as to what supplement would work best without filling me with garbage and giving me kidney failure.
>>
File: bible6 (1).jpg (13KB, 224x184px) Image search: [Google]
bible6 (1).jpg
13KB, 224x184px
>>42324635
The only pre I ever need
>>
File: dymatize-pre-wo.png (173KB, 546x858px) Image search: [Google]
dymatize-pre-wo.png
173KB, 546x858px
>>42324635
>Buying into the anti supplement hysteria so much that you believe it could give you kidney failure

Just don't be autistic and take 5 scoops in one sitting and you'll be fine.
Current favorite pre is the new one by Dymatize. They sent it to me for free, it's absolutely amazing. Checked it out online though, and it's kinds pricey, so only if youre willing to drop some extra cash.
>>
just coffee is fine if you need something to wake you up. One thing I realized is, just focus on form, and breathe, you can lift heavy even without pwo.
>>
As someone getting back into lifting after a long break im looking for a good preworkout too. I used love the original Hyde, shit got me fucking lit. Whats good these days?
>>
>>42324635

Mesomorph
>>
I like sips, and mr. Hyde for daily usage. I take mesomorph every once in a while but it makes me crash really hard a few hours later. Like depressed and suicidal until I go to sleep. Fuckin great pump though.
>>
>>42324833
How is Mr. Hyde compared to the og formula hyde?
>>
>>42324802
Hyde is still pretty good. Mesomorph by APS Nutrition and also God of Rage by Centurion Labz are pretty powerful too.
>>
Couple observations on preworkout:

1) You really, truly don't need it. Can't stress this one enough. That doesn't mean it's useless, though, but don't think you're doomed to the realm of nogains if you don't take pwo.

2) Sleep is absolutely more important so if you lift late in the day, don't bother with preworkout as the caffeine can fuck with your sleep. (Alternatively, you can look in to stimulant-free preworkouts like Carbon Prep.)

3) For me, preworkout is all about confidence and energy. I frankly don't give a shit if it's a placebo, because it makes me feel great when I walk in to the gym and it makes me feel like I can succeed in my workout. This is a double-edged sword, of course, as you may find that once you go off of it and you have to work out in a normal state that you lose confidence and wind up taking a step back. This is why most people cycle on and off PWO.

That's just my personal advice. As for a brand, my favorite is PreJYM. 1 scoop is all you need and it definitely has an effect on my mood - where any preworkout will put you through the roof and have you growling at the mirror, PreJYM makes me feel really happy and has me jamming out between sets. This mood effect lasts through the whole workout.

Again, this is all just my subjective experiences and it could all be a placebo. But it seems like it's working, and so if you have the cash, go grab some PreJYM and rage your face off.
>>
>>42324855
Don't undervalue pre workout though. Citrulline malate, nootropics, and also beta alanine are extremely beneficial for giving that extra edge.
>>
>>42324855
sleep is super important as is restdays. caffeine can only push you so far.
>>
>>42324855
I agree on many of your points. Def not needed but i def feel a little more pep in my step at the gym and just overall am much more hyped which helps my lifts.
>>
>>42324874
For sure. I'm really big on PWO, but there are plenty of people who will claim it's snake oil and the energy boost is the only thing I can really experience directly.
>>
I buy caffeine pills, beta alanaine, and creatine. Pop the pill, mix in the powders and drink it before the gym. Much cheaper than buying a blend, but it doesn't taste as good :/
>>
take l-theanine after lifting if you get anxiety from the caffeine.

valerian and/or melatonin if you lose sleep.
>>
>>42324960
Mix it with kool aid and there's literally 0 difference
>>
>>42324847
Not that anon but I use Hyde and it still feels good. I didn't even notice that the formula changed until someone brought it up.
One of the only pre-workouts I trust and feels that actually works.
>>42324635
I didn't like the ON pre-workout. I ended up having to take two scoops of it to get some feeling from it. Once I finished it, I went back to Hyde
>>
File: 20170729_221428.jpg (572KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_221428.jpg
572KB, 2048x1152px
>>42325012
Bought a jar just for that. Can't wait to try it.
>>
File: mypre_myprotein_booster.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mypre_myprotein_booster.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
>>42324635
literally the only one that isn't completely overpriced
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.