[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>born with a rare ability where I'm able to dislocate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1466735614700.png (57KB, 276x256px) Image search: [Google]
1466735614700.png
57KB, 276x256px
>born with a rare ability where I'm able to dislocate and relocate my shoulders at will
>shoulders keep dislocating by accident when I do certain exercises with heavy weights

I'm not sure if it's a limitation or not now. Already fooled some people into thinking I was breaking my fucking arm when this happened.
>>
the question is - can You stop dislocating them?

even if it requires extra work and limited ROM

also, what exercises dislocate your shoulders? You need to look for another ones...
>>
>>42317185
The absolute worst one is dumbell/barbell pullovers. I dislocate them every time I try it, but I have also dislocated them on bench press, pullups and OHP.
>>
>>42317160
It's called subluxation, and it's not that rare. It's just hypermobiles doing hypermobile things. I am one myself.

You're gunna need to do a LOT of accessory muscle work to strengthen the joints. You'll never have the tensile strength in the joints a normal person has (it's due to overly stretchy connective tissue i.e. tendons/ligaments holding the joint together), but you can compensate to a large extent with stronger accessory muscles.

You will, however, be at a larger risk of a very damaging full dislocation; more damaging than normal people face (basically instead of the connective tissue taking the strain, it's everything else, since it stretches and tears other shit instead) Trust me, it's bad.

Look up rotator cuff exercises. Internal and external rotation exercises are your friend.
>>
>>42317298
It's just the shoulders though, my other joints are normal. I heard there are some people who can do it with almost every major bone in their body. The only cool thing I can do with it is make my arms go over my head while I hold them together.
>>
>>42317160
>rare ability

is that what your mom called it ? you could also say you partially disabled.
>>
>>42317429
If you can clasp your hands behind your back and lift them over your head it's probably a full dislocation then, in which case don't do exercises which can rip your arm out of joint, your accessory muscles are probably weak as hell and warped.
>>
>>42317160
>Bro Medfag here, just completed a 3 month orthopedic surgery clerkship
If you keep dislocating your shoulder you will run into problems, avoid is as much as you can. Sooner or later you will tear your rotator cuff or cause a bankart lesion (and hills sachs lesion) basically causing your shoulder to stop functioning properly. It could end in a reversed total shoulder prosthesis and I can tell you you won't ever lift with that.

Don't dislocate them on purpose and don't do exercises that dislocate your shoulders.
>>
>>42317160
>ability
That's a defect
>>
>>42317527
>>42317564
Well, it never gave me any problems until now. As long as I don't do very heavy weights I can control it.
>>
>>42317160

OP I also have hypermobility which is particularly bad on shoulders and I can also pop them out at will. Strength training ing is actually vital for hypermobile people. Also long as they don't cause you pain and it doesn't stop you from successful lifting, its not big deal.
>>
>>42317160
iktf anon. have very weak arms and can't bench very well, possibly amplified by the hypermobility
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.