[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fasting for 7 days >take metabolic test at hospital >95.14%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: iQ8foHg.jpg (226KB, 1112x1420px) Image search: [Google]
iQ8foHg.jpg
226KB, 1112x1420px
>fasting for 7 days
>take metabolic test at hospital
>95.14% of calories i'm burning are from fat

when will you guys stop eating and follow Dr Fung's advice?

>eating at a 500 calorie deficit where you're burning muscle and losing 2 lbs a week
>ishygddt
>>
>>42314416
I'm such a brainlet that if you didn't provide any context in your post I would have no clue what I was looking at
>>
>>42314452
this

explain it in green text mother fucker

what did you actually even do, were u still lifting? WHAT THE FUCK? EXPLAIN YOU STUPID FUCKING GEEK NERD FAGGOT
>>
Would I kill my noob gains if I started IF? I really just want to escape skinnyfat hell but I've only been lifting ~2 months (at a slight deficit)
>>
>>42314416

On tablets that affect liver and so cannot fast anymore. Feels bad.
>>
>>42314416
I agree, my man. Ketosis is very powerful for protecting protein. I've tried caloric restriction, and I just became smaller. Now I'm doing keto without fasting, and we'll see if it turns out better.
>>
>>42314544
>Ketosis is very powerful for protecting protein
it increases the oxidation of proteins which leads to more protein being lost in your urine......

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/early/2016/07/05/ajcn.116.133561.full.pdf+html
Urinary nitrogen excretion increased by 1.5 6 0.4 g/d (Table
3; P = 0.0008) during the KD phase and indicated significantly
increased protein utilization.
>>
>>42314497
rested metabolic rate test, cost me 175$ at my local hospital, laid in a room hooked to machines for 45 minutes, doctors told me on an average day i burn 95.14% of my calories from body fat, you can see the different values on the pic that they used to calculate the number

lifted on Monday and Friday, but low weight high reps, didn't eat anything for 7 days and drank plenty of water and salt (i actually don't get the keto flu but i prefer to keep my water weight stable)

I just wanted to see for myself that this wasn't a meme and went to a place with actual doctors and not people from an African corn farming forum

btw their reaction after i told them that i had fasted for 7 days was "well anon we don't have any nutritionists here so we can't really comment on your diet, but the numbers here are great so keep going!"
>>
>>42314574
When I say protecting protein, I mean muscles, not dietary protein. When it comes to fasting, you get no dietary protein so it's kinda lol.
>>
>>42314596

post your body
>>
>>42314596

interesting thread man thanks for sharing your results.

how much weight did you lose?
>>
>>42314517
IF is different to the fasting OP is doing

You can do IF without any calorie deficit. I.e. eat you maintenance in an 8 hour window.

IF is a tool to making calorie deficits/ cutting easier.

Yes you can cut fat and actually put on muscle. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141833981

Ive been cutting 1000kcal a day and slowly increasing my lifts. I started by doing 23/1 IF but it was too stressful so im on 16/8.

I say go for it.
>>
>>42314616
recovering fatty, have been dieting for a year and a half, started on November 2015 at 340 lbs, got to around 260 by July, have been doing a few short fasts here and there since and on this last one i went from 250 to 232 (which i may still continue to maybe 11 or 12 days

pic is when i started the fast at 255 and before i went to the hospital yesterday (8 days total) currently at 6ft 230 lbs still fat as shit since goal weight is around 170lbs but hey i'm trying.
>>
>>42314517
Noob gains don't happen in a time frame. It's a set amount of muscle/size that you'll get easily.
>>
>>42314712
> wants us to believe that he lost 25 pounds in 8 days
>wants us to believe that he lost over 3 pounds each day with a near sedentary lifestyle
>wants us to believe his resting metabolism is 11,000 calories daily

Where do I sign up?
>>
>>42314416
>caring this much about keeping protein when you have no muscle to keep anyways
>>
>>42315134
you know that you actually lose a lot of water weight when starting a diet?

For heavy guys, like this one, it could be more than 10 pounds.

>>42314712
>95.14% of calories i'm burning are from fat

when you are fat, like you are, most of the weight you lose will be fat instead of muscle, specially if you don't have much muscle. The leaner you are, the harder it is to preserve muscle mass in a deficit and that's why it's retarded to fast at that point.
>>
>>42314712
It's always nice to see confirmation.

>FastinAnon here
If you were working with me at this point I would take you off extended fasting periods and put you on 16:8 LCHF with maybe a day of fasting per week and get you hitting the gym hard to start building up muscle and raising your base metabolism.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.