[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the FUCK do i barbell row with proper form. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: barbell-rows-floor.jpg (83KB, 1029x282px) Image search: [Google]
barbell-rows-floor.jpg
83KB, 1029x282px
How the FUCK do i barbell row with proper form.
I don't have the fucking flexibility and if I bend down too much like this faggot in the pic I'll just fall over.
>>
>>42311675
barbell row doesn't lend itself well to aggressive linear progression as you have now learned (fuck barbell rows - Mark Rippetoe)

do them as an accessory movement and progress on them when you can do so without your form going to shit instead of adding weight every session until you are doing some retard flailing shit that doesn't hit your back

or just do DB rows, t-bar rows, cable rows, any row variation that doesn't cantilever your torso while you try and lift a barbell in an extremely mechanically inefficient way
>>
>>42311675
Starting Strength has a section on them in the book.

They kind of fucking blow though, just do chins instead
>>
Probably the most inefficient and stupid exercise you can do with a barbell.
>>
>>42311675
Cable rows are much better imho. You can mind against back activation so much more easily.
>>
>all this barbell row trashtalk
>tfw love them
>>
>>42311837
This.
>>
>>42311837
>>42311868
whew lads I was getting scared I was doing a meme exercise
>>
>>42311675
>675▶>>42311700 >>42311782 >>42311822
>How the FUCK do i barbell row with proper form.
BRO DO DUMBBELL ROWS WITH SCOOBYS FORM I GUARANTEE ITS 100X BETTER
>>
>>42311675
Meh, I do t-bars and seated cable rows
>>
>>42311675
SL is full of shit, doing them like the left is absolutely fine
>>
do it with just the bar until you can do it properly and increase weight, you can also do it with your back like the first picture but with an underhand grip.
>>
>>42311940
I think both are fine. Starting below the knee like on the left lets you cheat a little as you pull, which i love to do heavier weight with. Penlday rows like the right are great for explosive pulling. To switch it all up a bit use a supine grip. Just keep rowing.
>>
File: 1500938358098.jpg (51KB, 625x405px) Image search: [Google]
1500938358098.jpg
51KB, 625x405px
>2017
>not doing pendlay rows

Its like you niggers don't want back gains.
>>
Fuck barbell rows. T bar rows, cable rows, dumbell rows are all better.
>>
What's a respectable barbell row? I'm doing 1pl8 row but I'm a noob
>>
>>42313407
no one cares how much anyone rows, it's assistance work
>>
One hand barbell row is far superior. Probably the best row there is
>>
>>42311983
You're not supposed to cheat when you pull. If you have to cheat off the floor then there's no fucking way you're explosive enough to get a good squeeze at the top and engage your shit, and there's no way you'll do a proper negative if you don't get a good squeeze. Unless you're on roids and you'll grow muscle no matter what, think both are fine is literal retardation. Don't spread shitty advice just because you don't care about your own workout efficiency.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.