[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After seeing what the power of powerlifting TM is: Are you convinced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: SickGains.jpg (130KB, 935x898px) Image search: [Google]
SickGains.jpg
130KB, 935x898px
After seeing what the power of powerlifting TM is: Are you convinced yet that SS, SL Greyskull etc are actually memes? Low rep high weight makes you unaesthetic as fuck. Name on reason why beginners shouldnt do Allpros beginner routine or just go for a PPL (without retarded 3x5)

Also 8-12 rep range is goat. Anyone who denies it is a fat "powerlifter". Just do brosplits.
>>
>>42309122
the low volume and lack of accessory work on those routines is what makes them a poor choice for someone who wants to be big and look good

a brosplit is equally retarded, there is no reason to train something once a week when you could be hitting it more often and getting more total volume that week

UL/PPL is not a brosplit, brosplit as it's used on lifting forums means a bodypart split with 1x weekly frequency
>>
>>42309166
Atleast we can agree that the commonly recommended routines are retarded.
>>
>>42309122
Greyskull is not a meme
>>
>>42309505
How is it not a meme? Low volume rep ranges and low volume overall.
>>
The fact that OP associates high intensity, low volume type training with powerlifting exclusively only shows the lack of knowledge when it comes to strength training and lifting. Lower reps and higher intensity started in weightlifting and was perfected by Ivan Abadjiev who coached the Bulgarian national team to unprecedented success. This method is still used today and it has been proved time and time again that high intensity and lower weights work best for developing strength and power while not making you too fatigued as to impact the technical precision of the lift. This is exactly why high intensity, low volume training has such a high carryover to pretty much all sports. Accessories are of course included, for example the GHR and bench press can be used to add posterior and upper body strength. But it mustn't be so much as to impact the performance of the main lifts. This lower volume per session is also what allows training to be done twice a day and the overall volume for the legs and back is pretty high. A weightlifter who supplements with additional accessory exercises can end up looking pretty good all things considered.
>>
My body is weird, i got more lat gains from heavy 3x3 one hand pull ups and then some 3x10 archer pull ups rather than 10x10 pull ups

I do that three times a week along with other shit
>>
>>42309122
Powerlifting and hyper trophy should be used in conjunction with one another. Build a base with a generic powerlifting and accessories starter routine for six months to a year, then decide if you want to do hypertrophy, pl, or a mixture(my choice)
>>
>>42309122
>is fat to begin with
>>
What is with all the SS hate on here lately?
>>
>>42310038
>lately
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.