[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here takes prescribed ADD medication? Specifically Vyvanse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Vyvanse-2.jpg (25KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
Vyvanse-2.jpg
25KB, 660x440px
Anyone here takes prescribed ADD medication? Specifically Vyvanse? I am having trouble working while being on it because I keep having really bad sweats, heart pounding during workouts and bad comedown after. I can't handle crashing like this every time I workout so is there a better way to cope with this? I heard about taking some nitric oxide (citrulline malate) to vasodilate, but I haven't tried it yet.
>>
I take this. I had similar effects when I started, luckily this was when I was first getting in to lifting so it wasn't that bad. My recommendation would be to lighten the load for a bit, let your body adjust to the medicine for a week at least. You'll probably get the same shit, just not as intense. After the week or two try increasing the weight again and see how you feel. If it doesn't improve at all talk to your doctor
>>
Your doctor should have instructed you to not work out while under the influence of it, because of the increased heart rate and bp.

The general recommendation is to work out in the mornings, before taking the drug, or in the late nights when the effects have worn off.

I personally stopped taking it because a) I really enjoy HIIT and setting new 1RMs and this gave me arrhythmia while on the drug, b) the lack of appetite kills my gains, and c) the comedown is a bit too much sometimes.
>>
Sucks that u burgers don't get Dexedrine. I take Dexedrine and have god tier workouts. Also no appetite suppression.
>>
>>42307281

You're just not used to it yet m8. I'm on vyvanse (60mg) and workout fine on it. I sweat a bit more than I did working out before taking it but nothing major, and my heart rate is basically the same. My blood pressure actually went down significantly, all the way to the perfect ideal range, after I became accustomed to it (because before vyvanse I could only function as an adult through constant anxiety forcing me to accomplish tasks). When i first started taking it though I felt somewhat similar to you. You may be at too high of a dose. You could try pouring half the pill into water, drinking that, then taking the other half after your workout (depending what time you're working out). Or you could try to workout in the evenings when the medication is tapered/tapering off.

But yeah you need to talk to your doctor as soon as you have ANY sense of heart issues while taking it.
>>
>>42307281
talk to your doc. maybe he will change the dosage.
>>
I'm prescribed Ritalin. Shit works wonders for actual work purposes, virtually (virtually) no side effects. Tried taking it as pre workout once and it kinda fucked with my heart.
>>
>>42307590
>on elvanse
>take 150 mg caffeine before workout
>tries to set new 1RM DL
>has to take breaks because of +170 bpm arrhythmias

I had to cough and strike my ribcage/heart with my fist to make the rhythm go back to normal.
probably not going to do that again.
>>
Vy made me wanna blow my brains out.

Im on Adderall now, couple months, and I feel like i can take on the world
>>
I'm on welbutrin & adderall now. I usually take an addie before work (8 hour night shifts, need to keep my mind on track) but on occasional I'll take one before a workout. I was a zombie at first, completely flat and emotionless but now I've worked past that and workouts are easy as fuck.
>>
>>42307590

OP here, thanks for the advice,

my dosage is 30mg, I am pretty sensitive to stimulants so this is a good range and any less I don't really have any sustainable effect.

Any advice on the crash/comedown? Thanks
>>
Combining ritalin and caffeine really made my comedowns horrible.
Virtually no comedowns without caffeine
>>
>>42308661

Are you sure you're eating and drinking enough water? Vyvanse used to kill my appetite at first so the crash would end up being because I wasn't eating enough (would straight up forget to because I wouldn't feel hungry) and it's a stim so obviously dehydrates you faster than normally. Combine those two and you'll end up feeling like complete shit coming down from it.

There's also just needing to get used to it
>>
Im on a low dose of vyvanse (30mg) i workout on it all the time on it and i even run on it too. It helps me push myself and every workout is godtier on it. used too get a crash when i first started taking it but i dont really feel it anymore
>>
Is my heart gonna explode if i try to deadlift on 30mg
>>
>>42309550
Just avoid caffeine
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.