[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm almost to snap city if I'm not there already.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: knee-pain-when-squatting.jpg (239KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
knee-pain-when-squatting.jpg
239KB, 2000x1500px
So I'm almost to snap city if I'm not there already.

The back of my right knee hurts too much to do any squats, failed this morning doing a warmup set with just the bar.
This knee has been the reason I haven't been able to make any significant progress on my squats. I'll start increasing weight, fuck my knee up, have to rest and go back further than where I started.

Probably going to see a doctor in case it really is injured.

In the meantime, what should I do to reduce pain while also regaining my strength?
Tried stretching and foam rolling to no avail.
>>
>>42306880
>Tried stretching and foam rolling to no avail
>he fell for the reddit cookie cutter advice
I think that's only going to make it worse.
What you need to do
>stop doing leg exercises until it FULLY heals
>rest (Sleep, lots of sleep)
>Eat lots of protein
>Ice/soak/compress for temporary pain relief
>work on your upper body strength in the meantime

If it doesn't get better in a month go see a doctor. Do some very light walking to keep it active, but that's it. Also, NEVER push the weight forward and ignore pain for your ego; that's the fastest way to fuck shit up.
>>
What the other anon said. You progressed too fast with the weight on squat, so don't do legs for at least 6 weeks. Then start light, extremely light, let your chondrocytes adapt to the exercise. If you develop any syptoms, see a physician.
>>
>>42306880

Your knees are probably going too far forward at the bottom of your squat, check out Alan Thrall's new squat tutorial he explains it in detail
>>
>>42306953
>>42306992
Is there anything I can try to keep increasing leg strength?
I can surprisingly do deadlifts with no pain which makes me think its just the motion of squats.
My squat is already garbage, sub 1pl8 right now since I'm a lanklet with shit legs and knees obviously.
>>
>>42307073
Your. Form. Is. SHIT.

Fool. You need to do 8+ reps, you need to go deep enough to NOT just strain, fix your god damn stiff calves. Fix your god damn form first of all, do more reps second of all.
>>
>>42307138
I've got flat feet which cause me to put a lot of weight on my inner foot. It's also tough to find good feet position and angle. I don't have a problem going deep enough.

Who are good examples of 6'4+ weightlifters I should model my form after?
>>
>>42307239
lasha talakadze
>>
>>42306880
The back of the leg or behind the patella?
Might just be overuse
>>
>>42307239
6'4" weightlifters almost assuredly have the exact opposite proportions (long torso short legs) to you (probably short torso, long legs)

height is irrelevant, it's relative segment length that matters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk

see a doctor, work back into squats slowly, and if they keep fucking your knee up listen to your body and choose a different exercise, lifting is a marathon and you want to still be health and doing it in 5 years
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.