[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm feeling weird, lads I'm a newfag, only started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7509.png (18KB, 534x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7509.png
18KB, 534x275px
I'm feeling weird, lads
I'm a newfag, only started coming here yesterday. I had some doubts about personal trainers and an anon recommended me the StrongLifts app.
The app gave me a 3 exercise program with 5x5 sets of repetitions for the arms only.
I just got done finishing the exercise in less than an hour feeling not tired at all.
Is StrongLifts a bad app? Should I get another program?
Or is supposed to feel this easy?
>>
>>42306604
>Or is supposed to feel this easy?
In the beginning yes. At the end you will fear for your life on every squat set and spend 2+ hours at the gym.
>>
>>42306645
This, enjoy it while it lasts
>>
>>42306645
>>42306670
T-thanks
I guess

But is it normal to only do arms in an exercise?
>>
>>42306604
>for the arms only.

What? It should have squats 3x a week and deadlifts every other workout iirc
>>
>>42306762

So youre telling me hamstring curls are not supposed to hit the biceps? But its curls
>>
>>42306776
It hits the bicep femoris.
>>
>>42306604
No you fucking idiot. It's a program for a reason. FOLLOW THE FUCKING PROGRAM. if you still have energy, go run 5 miles. You fucking idiot.
>>
>>42306645

This is correct

If you do it for 12-20 weeks, you'll be in and out of the gym and barely breaking a sweat for the first 4 weeks.

I've been lifting for about 6 years now, but I did SL when I was a noob.

I didn't even have warm up sets when I started, since the weight was set so low.

It's important to set it much lower than you think you need and then gradually work up.

You'll feel like you're wasting your time, but it does serve a very important purpose.
>>
>>42306604
I started 3 weeks ago and I barely have any background in lifting, a piece of advice: follow. the. program. And get your sleep and food habits right, right now, because you're going to need all of that, don't forget to warmup (empty bar, flexibility with a rope), things are about to get a whole lot more difficult for you, I guarantee it.
>>
>>42306604
>>42307981
Another thing: I'm using the app (probably the same as yours) and I don't understand:

>The app gave me a 3 exercise program with 5x5 sets of repetitions for the arms only.

Look at Youtube videos to learn how to do the exercises correctly, like the BuffDudes channel, you're missing something I think.
>>
>>42306645
>tfw doing 4pl8 squat and scared shitless of my knees just quitting on me when I go down

I'm glad I'm doing a split program now, at least I don't think I'm going do die when I work out now.
>>
>>42306604
Follow the program. It's one of the best programs a beginner can follow. Don't care about how "tired" it makes you feel, care about following the program.
>>
>>42306604
I did 5x5 up to almost 2pl8 and I realized it was a retarded amount of volume for squats. cut it down to 3x5 and then a 3x6 of front squats with a very mild weight after.
>>
>>42306742
no man I'm pretty sure the general consensus amongst experts on the matter is that the first 3-6 months is supposed to be full body every other day. (not necessarily the same full body routine but yea.)

also five by five doesn't seem ideal for first few exercises. youd want lower wights and higher reps like 12 to twenty just so you can zero in on the more adequate amount of weight and teps.

5x5 is getting towards a strength routine.
>>
>>42306604
Do you want to be strong or look good? 5x5 is not the best program for aesthetics
>>
>>42306604
I think they chose three exercises to help you build a habit/routine instead of relying on discipline. I can't say that's dumb.
>>
>>42306776
>>42306604
>for the arms only.
What the fuck? Are you sure you're doing stronglifts? Post a pic or something
>>42308019
>buffdudes
Learning your form from these guys would be a terrible terrible mistake
Read SS, or if you want videos watch dave tates so you think you can squat/deadlift/bench series
>>
>>42308150
5x5 is not necessarily strength training dude...

OP, the routine you are doing is perfectly fine. Keep milking those gains.
>>
>>42308206
>Learning your form from these guys would be a terrible terrible mistake

Thanks anon, I checked some other videos and indeed: I understood way more thing about the excercises.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.