[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I do my pullups/chinups from a dead hang or start with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: scap.jpg (12KB, 294x250px) Image search: [Google]
scap.jpg
12KB, 294x250px
Should I do my pullups/chinups from a dead hang or start with shoulders down and back?

My friend says not going from a dead hang is cheating and ego lifting
>>
>>42305831
Always from dead hang or that rep don't count. Look at how vitruvianphysique or any other natty does their pullups. Strict, slow and controlled
>>
>>42305870
>no half reps
Bodybuilders blown the fuck out
>>
>>42305870

Remember, your muscles don't undergo any stress unless you start from an arbitrary start position

Op just do whatever more comfortable, the goal is to grow your back not measure your dick over your perfect form(TM)
>>
File: zyzz24.jpg (48KB, 482x720px) Image search: [Google]
zyzz24.jpg
48KB, 482x720px
>>42305870
>>42305831
This goy doesn't understand what he's talking about OP.

Activate your scapulas. Don't ruin your shoulders by grinding out of a dead hang.
>>
>>42305889
Strict form implies a better contraction and no use of momentum; your body doing more actual work. Fuck out of here with your kipping pullups dyel fag
>>
>>42305831
Dead hang and retract your scapula as you go up
>>
>>42305889
they sure as fuck go more when when done from a stretched position, which is a dead hang in this case you fucking retard
>>
Don't start from dead hang unless you want sore rotator cuffs

Source: did dead hang chin ups this morning, rotator cuff is sore and stiff
>>
>>42305910
>Talking about Rom
>You bring up kipping

Ain't reading comprehension hard?

>>42306065
>Stretching upper back to go from tense to dead hang affects lat ROM

Op, as I said, just do what's comfortable. Your back doesn't have a fucking ROM measuring device on it. If ROM of a movement was the end all be all of exersize then we'd all be standing on plates so we could so lower than atg squats, and benching with a cambered bar
>>
I do dead hangs. I was going to join Marines and worked out at the recruiting offices to try and not be fatty.

I'd always see them yell at poolee's about doing half reps. I never joined, but still keep strict form when doing my reps.

Shamefully got fat again, but I can do 10 from dead hang still, been trying to lose weight again.
>>
>>42305831
Shoulder blades down and back on all compound exercises

/thread
>>
>>42305870
vitruvianphysique does he pullups with an active hang though you idiot
>>
>>42305831
(Years of pullups talking). It's really both. Go to a dead hang as in left in your picture. The first thing you do on the way up is pull the shoulders down, feel the lats kick in, and only then do elbows break. You head shoots up over the bar. Then reverse the procedure and go back to a dead hang in control- lats engaged- don't just fall into it.
>>
>>42305939
exactly. its all one fluid motion
>>
>>42306573
This. Also, for any anons reading, keep your chin slightly tucked when youre bringing your head above the bar. Dont break at the neck like youre trying to throw your chin over the bar or anything like that. Maintain a good neutral head position.
>>
>>42305831

I would think NOT starting from a dead hang would be cheating, as you're not getting the full ROM.
>>
>>42306737
You wouldn't do bench press without retracting your scapula even though it would increase ROM so why would you with pullups?
>>
>>42305831
It probably doesn't matter that much, the more important thing to do is getting your programming right and sticking to one of them for the duration of the program
I would say dead hangs would be more beneficial, but the difference is maybe 5% or less
Not to mention doing either of them will improve the other, so don't sweat it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.