[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to be able to do a mile and a half run in 16m 34s by August

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1480727033336.jpg (192KB, 718x1049px)
1480727033336.jpg
192KB, 718x1049px
I need to be able to do a mile and a half run in 16m 34s by August 18th. So far, I can easily make a mile in 10 minutes, but that extra half mile is just 30 seconds short of my goal.

Do I have enough time to get better at this? I normally run 5 days per week. Would going every day help?
>>
>>42302587
What do you do when you run? Just go for as long as you can or what? Every day won't help btw. Some rest is necessary
>>
>>42302615
On the treadmill I use, it shows a display of a track. I always run most of each lap around said track at 6mph and then lower the speed to 3mph for the last curve. (To give myself a mini break.)
>>
>>42302587
Not really, you need a Rest day. Just run a Bit faster every time
>>
>>42302631
I should clerify that I only start doing that after Lap 2.
>>
>>42302587
>>42302631

First of all get off the treadmill and run outdoors. The treadmill will inflate your numbers. Once you time yourself outdoors, you'll have a better idea of how much further you have to go.

Second, 5 days a week should be fine. You want to run for distance some days. So 5 miles for some and interval/speed training for others.

I think it's doable since 1.5miles in 16.5 minutes is pretty damn slow. Beginner gains should get you that far at least.

Unless you're terribly overweight you should speed up fairly fast. If you don't, don't let it deter you. Just keep working on it
>>
>>42302678
I'm at the gym right now. According to the scale here I weigh 170lb. Not to over weight, but could be better. (I'm 5' 8")

The test itself takes place on a treadmill, so I figured this would be best.
>>
What I did was follow c25k runnin outside for a while and then go for 3 runs a week, pushing my speed and adding one minute every time.
I now have a 24' 5k and improving.
>>
>>42302700
Generally speaking you should run outdoors. The wind resistance and the fact that you aren't "jumping in the air while the treadmill moves for you" will help force your body to exert more energy.

To get an idea of the difference you can put a 1-2% incline on the treadmill to show how much harder it is. You'll gas out way sooner. I don't recommend training at that grade since it's rougher on the joints than running outdoors.

Train in a harder environment and you'll improve quicker.
>>
>easily make a mile in 10 minutes

Have you tried not walking?
>>
>>42302587
>A mile in ten minutes
What? I was getting 6 minute miles when I was in elementary school.
>>
>>42302587
Who is this semen demon
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.