[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think I'm officially addicted to lifting. Just completed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 4444449f.jpg (95KB, 640x885px) Image search: [Google]
4444449f.jpg
95KB, 640x885px
Think I'm officially addicted to lifting. Just completed my third ever training session at the gym and maybe it's placebo but I already feel more positive and clear headed. I was at the pub today (only for a couple drinks) with some friends and talking to girls just seemed like second nature. I felt witty and on the ball and eye contact wasn't even a factor what entered my head.

All this without the confidence from gains. This is it /fit/, in a years time I'm going to be such an improved version of myself. Can't wait.
>>
File: 1417325346994.jpg (16KB, 640x706px) Image search: [Google]
1417325346994.jpg
16KB, 640x706px
>lifting for two years
>never once felt witty and on the ball
>>
Wait until you stall. Every lift is a hellish nightmare and you make no progress week to week.
>>
>>42300229
define stall
>>
>>42300249
You managed to bench 225 lbs for 5 reps. Next time you try 227 lbs for 5 reps. You only get 3 reps but keep grinding out triples and doubles to get your volume in. Maybe next time you'll hit 5. Next workout... still 3, maybe 4 if you're well-rested. Keep doing more sets, eating more, and sleeping more. A week passes...still nope. It takes a few more weeks to a month to hit a new 5RM PR. Every rep is as head-explody and eyeball-buldgy as a 1RM. Lose your tightness, bar path, or concentration for a split second and you fail the whole set. It never gets easier, you just get tougher or give up (or consider steroids).
>>
>>42300364
Yeah I see what you're saying. With that being said, I'd be pretty chuffed with myself benching that kind of weight.
>>
>>42300364
Heard advice to lower weight and then reprogress, say from 200 back up. Any good?
>>
>>42300065
You haven't made any gains from three gym sessions, fucktard. Keep at it for months, and eventually years.
>>
>>42300701
>All this without the confidence from gains
>>
File: 1481309332045.jpg (21KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1481309332045.jpg
21KB, 225x225px
>>42300707
Jokes on you, I read the rest of the post after I posted this and am closing this tab, never to return
>>
>>42300065
keep it up anon youre doing good
>>
>>42300793
kek
op btfo
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.