[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please explain this exercise to me. I don't understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Please explain this exercise to me.

I don't understand the angle of how much elbows should be. If they're perfectly straight to the sides everyone says it will damage your rotator cuff over time. If i move them foward too much it keeps giving me clicking and pain.

Is it just suppose to be not completely straight to the sides and that's it? please help /fit/
>>
>>42299611
lol same
>>
>>42299611
If you drink water science says you will 100% die some day. Best stop before you die.
>>
>>42300039
ah yes thank you for this helpful input
>>
File: IMG_2160.png (37KB, 600x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2160.png
37KB, 600x463px
For dumbbell press I keep my elbows around 45 degrees similar to bench press in pic related

For OHP with a barbell I keep my elbows pointing more forward but everyone's a little different so as long as you use an angle that isn't painful you should be good
>>
>>42300369
i understand for db bench press but just not sure about dumbbell shoulder presses.
>>
>>42300384
Right, it's the same concept. If you're sitting up straight doing db overhead press and we say that sticking your arms straight out to the side is 0 degrees and sticking your arms straight out in front of you is 90 degrees, you want your elbows to be at 45 degrees
>>
>>42300527
literally no one does that though, that's not how it is in OP picture or literally any youtube video
>>
>>42300655
well, do what you want then. I tried
>>
>>42300742
I would just like a visual example of how it looks - someone performing it in a picture or video correctly
>>
File: IMG_2161.jpg (168KB, 1611x1147px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2161.jpg
168KB, 1611x1147px
>>42300851
Like this but with db's
>>
>>42300967
Is there a reason to not do this while standing?

With dumbbells or bars. I do 10 or 11 reps like op's pic with 25lbs each hand but have my hands 90 degrees from that pic..

try and keep my back straight and go straight up. I just think all the little back muscle adjustmenst your body has to make is doing good over time.
>>
>>42301295
I stand when I press (both dumbbell and bar) but that's just my personal preference, I don't know how much of a difference it makes. I used to press while sitting but found that standing was more comfortable for me
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.