[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have to take a two week break from the gym >all lifts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (5KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
5KB, 225x224px
>have to take a two week break from the gym
>all lifts get worse by 10-15%
>>
>>42294516
Eat more loser.

When I go on vacation I always come back stronger.
>>
>>42294577
I thought I didn't need to eat that much because I wasn't working out and food there was expensive anyway. You should have told me earlier NIGGER
>>
>>42294659
>not paying for all inclusive
>not gaining access to unlimited food several times a day

aayyylmaaaooo
>>
File: 1495648342286.jpg (95KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495648342286.jpg
95KB, 638x480px
>>42294516
>doesn't maintain the high protein diet
>doesn't do simple exercises like pushups to prevent atrophy
Never
ever
gonna
make
it
>>
>>42294516
two weeks vacation
two weeks recovery (or less)
don't freak out my man
>>
Wow. That's not right. Typically when I "hit a wall" on progress, the best thing for me is to take a 1 week break from lifting. When I come back, I not only complete my next increase, I do it without struggle (despite failing outright the last 2-3 times)

You're obviously not eating enough, smoking/drinking too much, or just completely being sedentary.
>>
>>42295495
this.
planks, pushups, and carrying bagage up stairs and down-rinse repeat is enough to maintain gains on vaca.
>>
tips after a year long break?
>>
That usually happens to me too. Except this one time I took a 2 week break and miraculously hit an OHP PR I had been struggling with for weeks. The only difference was I continued to eat a massive amount of protein even though I wasn't lifting, like >1 g / lb bodyweight. The calories were maintenance calories as far as I know.
>>
>>42295654
Oh and my job involves using my arms a lot so they weaken slower than my legs.
>>
>>42294516
>vacation for 3 weeks
>not drinking a lot of water
>stomatch gets almost flat

>come home, start drinking 3L a day again
>stomatch balloons up like I'm pregnant
>>
>>42294577
>>42295495
>>42295540
You must just be weak and mediocre as a whole. The stronger you are, and the more you're overreaching, the quicker and more significant your strength (and not just strength, but conditioning in general) will decrease. Short term, this has nothing to do with atrophy, rather it's related to your nervous system. Generally, the more you have to work for a specific fitness goal, the quicker you'll regress if you stop overreaching.
>>
>>42295654
Nice anecdote, but the protein had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>42295742
Incorrect you monkey the less experienced the easier it is to lose , do you think someone like klokov or cpt kirk lose 15% of their lifts when away for a little holiday?
>>
>>42295742
Id imagine this is true.

Even days of me not doing squats will throw me off when I get back into it.

Thanks based smolov
But the frequency was something I loved so I just kept part it as a general program. 3x squats even so far as squats for a warm up everyday.

Noticed if I stopped just once or twice the next time would feel like hell.
>>
>>42295790
>klokov can lift +15% of his max at any given time because he did so that one time years ago
No. You're an idiot. Read about how the nervous system works
>>
>>42295876
You're confusing peaking with normal training.

Are you saying he can't you absolute retard?
>>
>>42295903
I doubt he can, but I confess I don't know how roids influence detraining.
>>
>>42295721
>give birth to water baby
>water swirls into facial features imitating those of Michael Bisping
>among soft gurgles you hear the words "drink more water buddeh" as it dissolves into your hands
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.