[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I keep stalling on SS. A few weeks later and I'm still stuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: lXSWGjR.png (65KB, 1092x1037px) Image search: [Google]
lXSWGjR.png
65KB, 1092x1037px
I keep stalling on SS. A few weeks later and I'm still stuck on 65 for deadlifts. What do I do? This is getting frustrating as hell because it feels like I'm making no progress.
>>
65? You mean 65lbs on each side? so your stuck on 175lb, Include the total weight on your lifts including the bar, or go by plates if you dont want to mention weight. Do what SS tells when you stall, i havent really looked into, but i belive it tells you to deload
>>
>>42290311
Make sure you are eating enough and I think SS says to deload. If thats 65 is kgs your probably pretty new right? Don't stress it and just keep at it.
>>
>>42290311
do cowboy method by juggernaut.
do 2 day first diddly for 1x1 crisp clean(warm up sets 1x1 every 5%), do ohp, do frontsquat, final thing is gluteham.
get more protons.
just check the second fit dropbox for cowboy method.
>>
P U S H H A R D E R
>>
>>42290336
>>42290358
Yeh that's 65 on each side. Why mention all the weight though? Isn't that just extra math for no reason? I just record the amount I put on one side. But damn I just feel like a plan for having to reload so early on like fuuuuug
>>
>>42290336
Or maybe 65kg overall? Just over a pl8

Everywhere but USA uses metric, stop thinking that the world is contained within usa
>>
My bad guys, I mean 65lbs on each side
>>
>>42290412
Maybe it's cause you have mental issues or this bait. Please be bait
>>
>>42290418
So 60kg deadlift overall for those of us not using freedom units
>tfw 90kg dl but 30kg bench and ohp

h-help
>>
>>42290421
Not b8 I'm just new. Idk though, doesn't make sense to add in the weight of the bar and shit if I'm only manipulating the added weight.
>>
>>42290424
Those are your lifts? How has the progress been? Any visible gains or just strength?
>>
>>42290311
Eat more
Sleep more
Work on your form
You are not special, unless you have some rare genetic disorder or some shit (protip you don't). Get 9 hours of sleep every night, eat at a surplus (meaning count your calories and make sure you have enough protein), and do the program. You will get stronger.

http://startingstrength.com/articles/clarification_rippetoe.pdf
>>
>>42290438
What?? Don't know where that not special sermon came from, but ty for advice. I am not sleeping as much as I should.
>>
>>42290424
No, that's about 80kg.
Height and weight? Body pic? Exact routine?
>>
File: pic.jpg (35KB, 737x946px) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
35KB, 737x946px
>>42290437
>>42290447
Pic related is from a month ago, I think the issue is diet
>>
>>42290447
>>42290412
>>42290418
>>42290427
>>42290437
>>42290446
Idk who you are talking to, but these plus OP have been my posts. This kinda became a mess. But I am 6'1 and 180lbs, I am doing squat 3x5 - ohp/bench 3x5 - deadlift 1x5 three times a week ABA BAB. I don't have a current pic tho
>>
>>42290462
How are your legs though? Any bigger?
>>
>>42290462
how long have you being going to the gym for?
>>
>>42290469
You are doing a programming mistake. At this point, you add the power clean in the program and alternate it with the deadlift. Also do chin ups every other workout. Read the SS and Practically Programming books for more details.
>>
>>42290477
[spoiler]one and a half years, I've restarted stronglifts three times because I keep going home for semester breaks and not having access to gym at home since in other state[/spoiler]
>>
>>42290462
no...just try harder
>>
>>42290502
As far as nutrition goes, you have 2 choices:
Maintain your weight and finish SS with a better body, but you will finish it earlier with smaller lifts
or
Slow bulk to finish SS with bigger lifts, but you will go from skinnyfat to fat.
>>
>>42290502
Damn I thought it said to add in the cleans like a month in or something.
>>
>>42290523
What the he'll man, both options sound like shit. I wanna get big and strong, but not fat.
>>
>>42290530
>but not fat.
heh heh heh heh
>>
>>42290524
Nope, you add them when deads are too hard to do every workout.
In case you will never read the books, these are the next changes you will need to do to the program:
-When you stall on squats, do 80% on the second day of the week you lift
-When you stall again on deadlifts, you add back extensions 3xF and do dl/be/pc/be etc. If your gym has the equipment, do glute ham raises. If you can't even do back extensions, do 60% stiff leg deadlifts 1x5.
-When you stall on press and bench press, microload.
Then, you deload if you stall a lift again. After the second deload, do AxxBxxAxxBxx etc:
A:Squat, Press, Power Clean, Chin ups
B:Light Squat, Bench Press, Deadlift
And after stalling again:
-For squats, increase the weight for only 1 set and do 90% on the other two sets.
-For bench press and press switch to 3x3, then 3x2 and finally 3x1.
If you stall again, congratulations, SS is over.
>>
>>42290530
Dude, you are skinnyfat, which is probably the worst body type to have. You either
>lose the belly and become legit weak and skinny
>keep the belly and become not weak
>become strong and fat
Good thing with the last two options is that you can cut and lose the belly much easier when you are an intermediate lifter, so pick your poison.
>>
>>42290530
>my bad life habbits,sedentary activity levels and unhealthy choices set me on a crossroad where i have to pick between two somewhat unattractive paths before, finish one and THEN start getting in shape
>I don't wanna! >:(
>>
>>42290311
You stop doing SS. It's a fucking meme program.
>>
>>42290614
This anon >>42290462 and OP are different people I think
>>
File: legs.jpg (69KB, 400x720px) Image search: [Google]
legs.jpg
69KB, 400x720px
>>42290475
No homo but this is current progress
>>
>>42290462
You don't need to gain weight to gain strength.

Increase your protein by a lot, fix your form because I guarantee it's horseshit and actually just try harder.

Also SS isn't a real program.
>>
>>42290311
http://startingstrength.com/article/the_first_three_questions
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.