[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here incorporates stoicism into their fitness lifestyle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1873.jpg (26KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1873.jpg
26KB, 300x226px
Who here incorporates stoicism into their fitness lifestyle?

Or should I say, who includes fitness into their stoic lifestyle?

/self improvement general/

https://youtu.be/R9OCA6UFE-0
(Ignore the Nelson Mandela SJW part).
>>
>>42286735
Stoicism is a cuck philosophy.

>arm gets cut off
>girlfriend sucks tyrones dick
>break back doing diddly lifty
>get mugged
>be american
>get shot by niggers
>"Well, at least I can control I how I react to this... :')"
Cuck philosophy.
>>
>>42286879

Stop baiting
>>
>>42286922
I'm not baiting. Debate me. Even Epictetus said it was natural to be a slave.

Can't control the external world, body always deteriorating, time is irrelevant for all will be forgotten, being a slave doesn't matter. None of it matters... only how I react to it with my thinking.

C U C K T I E R
>>
>>42286879
>>42286937
I haven't read any Stoicism for a while, but I'm pretty sure you have an incorrect idea of it. There are things you can control and things you can't control, and there's not a lot of point in getting upset or mad about things outside your control. If you break your back deadlifting due to terrible form then you failed yourself. If your arm gets cut off in a freak accident, it's not your fault and maybe you should focus on a healthy reaction rather than being shitty about it.

>None of it matters... only how I react to it with my thinking.

I don't think it's about how nothing matters. Anyway, I think it's hard to argue that incorporating parts of stoicism into your life is healthy. Definitely compared to the attitude of a lot of people on /fit/ (oh no I'm balding/short/have thing wrists, my life is ruined poor me)
>>
>>42286879
Enjoy being a slave to your weak bitch emotions faggot. You're not gonna make it.
>>
>>42286879
Now it's interesting that you have that to say about stoicism, what would be the proper response to those situations if you were placed in them? I'm curious to know Anon.
>>
File: seneca the younger.jpg (25KB, 220x310px) Image search: [Google]
seneca the younger.jpg
25KB, 220x310px
I like Seneca.
https://youtu.be/EYWEAa-D5vM
https://youtu.be/N5FFZGm6-rE
>>
File: Seneca.jpg (17KB, 261x372px) Image search: [Google]
Seneca.jpg
17KB, 261x372px
>>42286937
You're a fucking idiot who obviously hasn't read anything significant about stoicism if you're quoting Epictetus. If you actually read some Seneca then you'd realize that Stoicism can be implemented by normal people, and thinkers like Seneca thought that Epictetus took stoicism to an unnecessarily autistic level. In one of his letters he states that one should be ABLE to tolerate poverty and still be happy, but this doesn't mean that you MUST live in poverty like Epictetus says. Next time do a little more in depth googling retard
>>
>>42286879
you can't get cucked if you don't want to fuck her
>>
File: onepost.png (613KB, 1000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
onepost.png
613KB, 1000x2250px
>>42286879
>>
File: 1500602045525.png (535KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1500602045525.png
535KB, 800x800px
>>42286735

I've been reading stoic philosophy every day since 2011. I love it. Really glad it's getting popular the last couple of years. It's a practical philosophy, although it's funny how often people get it wrong.
>>
>>42286937
>debate me
>doesn't reply to well thought out responses that disprove his claim

Rack up 4pl8 and let the bar snap your neck you weak willed faggot
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.