[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boxing thread My grand grandfather who was a former boxer training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (8KB, 243x207px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 243x207px
Boxing thread

My grand grandfather who was a former boxer training on his youth told me that punching power is all about having shorter ligaments and bwing phisically strong

He told me the shorter the ligaments the more power they can generate and the stronger you are the stronger the ligaments and tendons equal more momentum

It makes no sence to me at all, but he always told me to dont mess with a guy who couldnt sit crosslegged because that meant short ligaments and devasting punching power

Anyone heard of this ? Does this make sence at all ?
>>
>>42277521
Pro boxer here. 1 , punching power is god given you either are born with it or not. 2, lanky guys are usually deadly punchers something about long ligaments snapping punches like a ball on a chain... tommy hearns for example... there are exceptions but usually tall lanky guys who look more like tennis players than they do fighters are deadly punchers . I'm a pro fighter with over 60 pro fights I know.
>>
>>42277521
Threadly reminder that boxing, while being a good sport, shouldn't be practiced more than 2 years. Even done lightly, sparring are damaging your brains.
Boxing is literally a contest to who will damage the other's brain the most.
>>
>>42277667
How strong are you ? Also strenght does matter at boxing ?

My grand grandpa told me the shorter the ligaments the stronger the joints but he may be wrong
>>
>>42277667
You type like someone who has taken too many blows too the head if nothing else.
>>
>>42277680
Strength & punching power are two different things. Strength in the ring is important to be able and move your opponent around by punching power is completely different strengths helps you press the inside fight and pull your opponent around but if someone has devastating punching power they can be loose in the whole fired and knock you out with one shot that kind of power is very rare though
Like I said tall lanky film guys are you really devastating punchers usually if they have very thin legs and long with the alarms they can punch very hard look at all the best petrosian boxing usually tall and lean
>>
>>42277667
What about "short" (5'8) guys like me but with very long arms and short strong legs?
>>
>>42277691
Haha sorry using voice typing since I'm actually busy now
>>
>>42277709
5'8 ... that is not that short that's actually Canelo's height by the way… You can be 5'8 and lean& lanky... look at triple G he looks more like a tennis player than a boxer and he has devastating power
>>
>>42277700
How long takes for a supragifted lets say it a genetic freak to become champion at boxing if he started at 23 ? But lets asume he already have devasting power and speed
>>
Would boxing be a retarded way to fight in a ordinary street fight? I haven't fought anyone outside of the ring since I was in middle school. Like if I were to be attacked by someone random I would without a doubt go in to stance in throw straight 1's, 2's. Would I win fights like this or would I just be grappled and fucked up. This is considering the guy im fighting is around my height as well 5'10.
>>
>>42277746
Guys looking for a fight in the street are 99% of the time shitters who don't even know how to throw a punch. You won't have any trouble if you have at least a few months of boxing.
Now if you start shit and are against a grappler, this is something else.
>>
>>42277521
Long ligaments doesn't lock you out of the boxing game, theres many styles than matty. but this statement is reltively correct. Power punchers have a hard time with hitman style for example because of its tendency to shoulder glance blows head on.

It isn't all about power, if anything, its about how long you can stand up after your limit. Endurance, in my experience, is the big one.

t. Boxing enthusiast but can't participate cause floating patella
>>
>>42277742
Will never happen. Not possible. If a guy starts at 12,13 that's pushing it. There's too much to learn and the drills, sparring , repetitive nature of the sport is too much maybe 5 guys in history have become champs after starting at 20 not being a hater just the facts
>>
>>42277746
Boxing, learning the striking is crucial in a street fight if you can punch like a pro fighter you will murder guys... but also most street fights end up on the ground so learn jujitsu too
>>
Here the secret

Power belly look it up it fucking ridiculous
>>
>>42277746
>Would I win fights like this or would I just be grappled and fucked up
Well, the thing is, in street fights in the first few seconds of the fight, landing a big hit can land you a KO. Your opponent may not see the punch or be prepared to take it and that usually ends up with him being KO'd. If you don't land a KO in those few seconds and you are fighting a bigger dude who knows how to grapple, things will get messy af. The best street fight MA would probably be muay thai desu.
>>
>>42277838
And yes as a guy who's been in Tons of street fights usually if you hit the other guy and he feels you have real power , even if you don't ko him, they back off or make some excuse to stop the fight change their tune… Very few guys want to climb that mountain after they feel how hars you hit
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.